Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 01:43 PM

We have parked in the garage at the pier, and at park and fly outside the gate. Both are very expensive. Does anyone know where to park that is reasonable, cheap or even free?? I want to take the Miracle again but hate to pay all that money to park. What ideas are out there?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:59 PM

vietvet

You may want to post this in the Embarkation Ports thread. It's under the port chat section, at the bottom.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 11-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Administrator

I just moved this thread.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Vietvet - you might want to check out which hotels offer stay and park - it might less expensive to spend a night and leave the vehicle at the hotel...
Old 11-24-2009, 05:39 PM

I will check into hotels. We used to go to Ft. Lauderdale for long weekends and so on and it got to the point we quit going.Some long week ends cars were being towed, Then you go out for dinner and they charge you to park in thier parking lot so that you can buy dinner in thier establishment. I have never seen anything like it. So it was easier to just quit going there.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:09 PM

Check THIS out. Looks like you can park your car for less than $50 a week. Let us know if it works for you.

Sonny
Old 11-25-2009, 10:46 AM

Vietvet, I was going to use that parking facility Sonny linked to. However, when we got there, cars were parked EVERYWHERE, on the streets outside of the fenced area, practically on top of each other, inches apart. There were lines waiting to get a shuttle to the port, there were lines waiting to get a shuttle to the airport, there were lines waiting to get their cars out, lines waiting to get their cars in.

In their defense there was a huge snow storm that had shut down a lot of airports, so many people had not picked up their cars when they were supposed to. They simply over-sold their lot. Also, they were good and did refund my money. It sounded like a great deal because it was less than half of what the port charges, BUT, I parked at the port. None of the hotels that I've stayed in have had parking available. We're staying at the Westin this year and I'm going to ask them. The Renaissance might have had a package, we didn't drive when we stayed there. If the Westin doesn't have parking, then we'll park at the port this year, too. At least I know my car has half of a chance of surviving the week. It definitely adds up, but when paying for 2 to fly, it's still less expensive for us to drive, even with hotels. Before they decided to gouge us for gas, it used to be MUCH less expensive. Now, it's maybe $100/less with all the expenses, gas, food, lodging, hotels, and parking.

I guess, bottom line, you could try the off-site parking, but if you do, make sure you have good insurance. You might even check with your home owner's insurance to see if that would cover you, too.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:52 PM

I am going to do some research and see what I can find. The Park and Fly just outside the gate is a little cheaper than the parking garage. Not much though!
Old 11-30-2009, 05:56 PM

Sonny thanks for your help. I am looking at the Miracle with the new southern itinerary! i love the Spirit class ships and would be willing to pay a little to park.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:48 PM

I wasn't trying to scare you off from the United Parking, they are a lot less expensive, but I wouldn't want to leave a good vehicle there. I'm just too much of a chicken.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, ft, ftlauderdale, lauderdale, lauderdsle, park, parking, reviews