Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 05:50 AM

Previous posts on this are closed so can someone just clarify the following

1. Is the cost of the shuttle from the port to MCO still $35 per person?
2. Can the shuttle be booked onboard or does this need to be done earlier, or is it necessary to book it at all?
3.I will be arriving at the port by car. Someone has said that Budget have the nearest location to the port? Is there a shuttle (free?) from the car drop off to the Port

Thanks in anticipation
Old 10-31-2010, 03:19 PM

Hi Peter.

If you are referring to Royal Caribbean, their rates are $36 per person, one way. Yes, you must book it in advance, either on board or before you leave for your cruise. Check your planner to see when the latest time you can book the shuttle is.

As far as car rentals, I can't help you there. I would think most major car rental companies at their facilities near Port Canaveral would have a free shuttle service if you call them in advance.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 10-31-2010, 07:11 PM

Peter

Something I didn't state earlier as to why you have to book in advance, either at Guest Relations or when you book your cruise. The cruise line will have a list of approved passengers that have purchased transfers to Orlando Airport. You must either give your name to the representative, who will check you off the list, or in my case, hand them the "post cruise voucher" which I received with my docs since I purchased transfers when I booked the cruise.

I have to assume they're pretty strict about this, and if you're not on the list, you probably won't be allowed to board the bus.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:44 AM

Thank you - very useful information
Old 11-26-2010, 04:01 AM

Having just received my cruise tickets (cruise on 13th Dec) I thought I would book the shuttle in advance with my agent......but they tell me that I am past the cut off date (I know, you told me to check this,bad planning on my part?) and that I will have to wait until I am on board to book now. Does this mean that the shuttles are full, in which case I will have to organise something else before departure, or that the deadline has merely past and there will be no problems booking on board....didn't particularly want to leave it that late!
Are there any other shuttles that can be pre-booked rather than relying on Royal Caribbean?

Thanks, Peter
Old 11-26-2010, 11:21 AM

This most likely does not mean that the buses are full. Like they stated, once you are onboard, go to Guest Services and tell them you want to book the transfer from Port Canaveral to MCO. You will usually get a flyer in your stateroom during your cruise about this service.

Once you dock and clear customs, buses are lined up and waiting. Just give the RCI rep your name, who will check you off the list of approved passengers, and tell you which bus to board.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:06 AM

I bypassed my travel agent and phoned Royal Caribbean direct here in the UK, and they said that the buses were full and nothing could be done unless there are any cancellations!! I told them there weren't enough buses then as I was within the cut off period (which I am, I have checked now!)......I think I will phone RCI in the US.....as I said, I am a bit nervous about leaving this until I am onboard!!

Anyway, apart from this, looking forward now to our short 4 day cruise to the Bahamas in 2 weeks....followed by 3 weeks in Florida....fingers crossed we get some warmth!

Thanks, Peter

Tags
bus, canaveral, caribbean, carribean, cheapest, cost, free, mco, port, reviews, royal, sea, shuttle, transfer, transportation