Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 11:14 AM

Hi. We are planning a cruise next year to Alaska via Seattle, Washington. We would like to stay in Seattle a few days prior to sailing.

I need help with recommendations about hotels. We don't want to stay in a "roach motel" but we don't want to spend all our money before our cruise either.

Help

Thanks

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 2004
Carnival Liberty 2007
Carnival Inspiration 2008
Carnival Triumph 2008
Explorer of the Seas 2009
Old 09-09-2009, 03:01 PM

I used to live in the Seattle area and it's wonderful! As far as a budget hotel, I've had good results with any Choice Hotels Brand. There's a Quality Inn and a Comfort Suites in the Downtown area according to the website for Choice Hotels.

If you're in the area a day ahead of time, I would recommend trying to go to the top of the Space Needle in Seattle Center. It's about $20 per person I think, but well worth it once you get to the top. Another thing you might enjoy is the Pike Place Market fish market. I don't want to spoil it, but just go to the fish market at Pike Place Market, and that is an experience in itself.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 09-09-2009, 05:50 PM

GenCan, one more thing. You may want to post this in the embarkation ports, hotels, and transfers thread.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 09-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by MCPayne:
GenCan, one more thing. You may want to post this in the embarkation ports, hotels, and transfers thread.
Done. I just moved it. I wish I could help further... have never been to Seattle, yet it is on the wish list.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:
I used to live in the Seattle area and it's wonderful! As far as a budget hotel, I've had good results with any Choice Hotels Brand. There's a Quality Inn and a Comfort Suites in the Downtown area according to the website for Choice Hotels.

If you're in the area a day ahead of time, I would recommend trying to go to the top of the Space Needle in Seattle Center. It's about $20 per person I think, but well worth it once you get to the top. Another thing you might enjoy is the Pike Place Market fish market. I don't want to spoil it, but just go to the fish market at Pike Place Market, and that is an experience in itself.
MC, those two places are on our list of things to see while in Seattle. So are the Woodland Zoo and Aquarium. I don't know if we will have time in the two days prior to sailing.

I know there are two ports in Seattle. Does anyone know which Carnival will be using in 2010 and the distance between the two piers?

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 2004
Carnival Liberty 2007
Carnival Inspiration 2008
Carnival Triumph 2008
Explorer of the Seas 2009
Old 09-10-2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Thanks! I did not see that thread.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:06 AM

I stayed at the Washington Plaza, it was a very nice hotel, but it sure wasn't budget. It was really close to the space needle, which I did go to visit. Of course, it rained all day

Closed Thread

Tags
seattlewashington