Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 07:41 AM

We are cruising on the Norwegian Epic in 8/10. We plan on arriving the night before the ship is scheduled to sail. We will be flying into FLL and I am trying to figure out if we should remain in the Ft. Lauderdale area and find transportation to the ship the following day, or should we go down to the Miami area to begin with and then have a shorter trip to the port the following day? Also, what is the most reasonable mode of transportation for a family of 4? Can anyone recommend some specific shuttle or taxi services?
Thanks!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 05:50 PM

Hello I will be traveling to ft lauderdale in april and my cruise leaves out of miami I was first going to take a taxi to my hotel in maimi but came accross a better and much cheaper way A taxi cost around 80 one way but There is a train system that runs from ft lauderdale to Miami daily about every 20 minutes They have a free shuttle from the airport to the train station, The train is only 5 dollars a person to get to Maimi. Then they have a free shuttle to the Miami airport. I will be reserving a hotel that offers free shuttle service. This is the first time i will be trying this but is worth trying thats like a 60 saving that I can use in much better ways onboard. I will let you know how it goes. You can look up the train station online I just googled train station at ft lauderdale airport I will try to get you the website soon. It sounds like a wonderful idea

If anyone has every done this Please give you comments.
Mainier 2004,2005
Majestey 2005
Navigator 2006
Soverign May 2007
Valor Feb 2009
Valor 2010
Old 03-25-2010, 07:54 PM

Thanks for the info - I will definitely look into that. Let me know how it goes!

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, cruise, everglades, fll, ft, lauderdale, mia, miami, port, rail, recommend, shuttle, station, taxi, train