Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 05:35 PM

Can anyone tell me if I should book a hotel via the internet or if I should call the hotel directly?
I'm beginning to wonder if I reserve online if I could end up without a room when we arrive at our destination.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Administrator

I usually book on-line and have never showed up and found I had no room. However, oftentimes a hotel might have a special rate that is only available by contacting them directly. Do both - check on-line and then call them for a quote.

Don't forget Priceline. I think Sonny uses them a lot and saves big bucks.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:43 PM

I would take Dave's advice and check both. Find the best price via the online companies like Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, and Priceline etc. Then call the "Central Reservations" 800 number for the hotel chain and get a quote. Then there is one more step..call the hotel itself and get a quote. Sometimes there will be a price difference and Central Reservations will beat the hotel and the online companies.

Another thing to be aware of is that some of the specials and the lowest price rooms are only available by paying up front and they are non-refundable. Whereas a quote and confirmation is higher for an unpaid 6PM room hold.

Most importantly regardless of how you book is to get a confirmation number and confirm your reservation with the hotel directly. I once booked with an online service (not mentioned) and the hotel didn't have my reservation. Thankfully, I called ahead of time to confirm and they got it straightened out.

Dwayne
Old 09-29-2009, 03:34 AM
Administrator

You can also book through the hotel's Web site if you'd rather not make a phone call. As Dwayne mentioned, be sure to get a confirmation number no matter how you book.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:16 AM

Actually that using the hotel's website is what I meant. I would print off my reservation number and I will take your advise and contact the hotel directly to make sure they have our reservation.
My travel agent used to do all this stuff but she has taken a leave from work and I'm on my own for this trip.
Thanks!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:36 AM

When you make your reservation, make sure you find and read the hotel's cancellation policy. Depending on the hotel, the location, the time of year, etc., different hotels have different policies. Some hotels allow cancellations without penalty up until 4pm or 6pm on arrival day. Some hotels start their penalty period 24 hours before arrival day, and some popular properties and resort hotels during holiday time may start penalties as much as a week before arrival day.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:05 PM

I checked it all out and booked! I noticed some rates have to be prepaid up to 30 days in advance. We got a room that we could cancel up to 4pm on the day of arrival.
Everything is falling into place and I looking forward to sailing away on the Splendor!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:43 PM

try priceline. I booked a hotel through them for port canaveral. it is 1/2 mile from the port and i got it from priceline for 58 dollars.

Closed Thread