Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Have not visited this pot as of yet we are doing 5 day out of texas April 8, I will need some information from first hand about airport transportation to galvestion from airport we are arriving day before cruise there or 7 of us, are there shuttles available at airport or will I have to arrange to be met there by a service I heard taxies are expensive, we will have alot of luggage as 4 of us are women you know what that means lol any one got first hand knowledge would we be better off renting a car for the day and take it back next day as we will have one more person coming in on a later flight thanks for any input Fran

Edit: Moved to Port Hotels and Transfers forum. RF
Old 01-31-2006, 12:04 PM

peachcrek, with seven of your folks, I believe the least expensive way to get to/from the port of Galveston is via a limo (no kidding). The one-way seat-in-van transfers sell for about $30 per person and a taxi is about $80 each direction. However, you can rent a limo for about the same amount and it is a much nicer ride...VBG.

There was a discussion about this very topic on here about a year ago and the concensus was that for four, or more people, renting a limo is the way to go. With seven, two limos would be a really cool way to arrive in Galveston.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 01-31-2006, 03:05 PM

Try Extreme Elegance limo service (they have a website). I've had good service from them.

Closed Thread