Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2006, 02:04 PM

What's the quickest and cheapest way to get six of us from the FLL airport to the port w/o getting into a shuttle? How many to a cab? I'd like to avoid splitting up if at all possible. I'm not fond of shuttles due to the number of people and stops. What about limo service for six? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Ready to go in a couple more days!
Old 08-02-2006, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Obviously 6 people won't fit in one cab unless you can find van-cab. FLL is essentially across the interstate from the port (only 10 minutes), so I wouldn't worry if I had to use two taxis. You'll probably follow each other all the way to the airport curb. The taxi is the way to go, and should only be around $20 per cab.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Banned

The airpot is very close to the port. It is less than $10. The problem is the access road from the airport seems to add a few miles to the trip.

Don't be suckered in by asking for a cab and being directed to a shuttle van. That happened to us. I asked for a cab and was told to follow "this guy". He took us to his van and then wanted $15 each. I was really mad and told the A hole that I wanted a cab and not a shuttle van. Got there faster and cheaper with a cab.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:00 PM

I agree with 7thSon, take a couple of cabs. That is unless money is no object, then by all means take a limo. They don't charge per person in Lauderdale and the cab fare shouldn't be much over $10 if that. Best wishes!
Old 08-03-2006, 02:13 PM
What about the return trip - port to airport. This is the only transfer we need to look at. I presume there will be taxis at the pier waiting for fares?
Old 08-04-2006, 09:05 AM

There are plenty of taxis waiting at the pier. They have a queue for them across from the terminal building. Best wishes.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Banned

There are plenty of cabs. They are lined up and ready to go. Just don't get suckered into a van that is posing as a cab. The people at the dock tend to direct passengers to those vans/buses. They charge a flat rate per person. I think someone gets a kickback from the vans.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, cab, cost, cruise, everglades, fare, flat, fll, port, pt, rate, service, shuttle, taxi, transportation