Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Last year, when I cruised on the Carnival Triumph, I was able to rent a car from Alamo. I drove it to Miami and dropped it off there. While there, Alamo had courtesy shuttles that would take you from their Miami Airport location to the Port of Miami. And then upon returning from the cruise, they would take you from the port back to their Miami location (near the airport). Upon the returning from the cruise however, they were low on cars and would only pick-up passengers with confirmed reservations. Fortunately I did have such a confirmed reservation. Anyway, everything worked out well and I saved a lot of money verses flying or driving my own car down there and parking it there for a week.

Anyway, I wonder if the car rental companies provide the same courtesy bus transportation to and from there location in Fort Lauderdale to Port Everglades?

I did talk to one car rental supervisor in Orlando and he said "no". But I wonder if he knew what he was talking about. All the other car rental employees in Orlando did not have a clue. Car Rental companies need to do better informing their employees and the public about such "location to cruise port" courtesy transportation that some of them provide.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:50 PM

Enterprise did when I used them.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Thank you Penny3333. I will look into Enterprise if I plan to go to Ft. Lauderdale.

I even heard about some super car rental center at Ft. Lauderdale airport operated by the major companies there; all under one roof. It is there where you can get shuttle transportation to Port Everglades. But it was just a vague description that I heard. I need to check into this as well.

Once again, thank you Penny.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, alamo, buses, car, companies, courtesy, cruise, everglades, fort, hotels, lauderdale, miami, orlando, port, rental, shuttle, transportation