Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2006, 07:40 AM

We will be spending one night in Miami - We are thinking about the Hyatt, Courtyard or Holiday Inn. I know the Holiday Inn is the closest to port. The price for the three is about the same. We are looking to go to south beach on Sunday afternoon. What is the best way to get there? Then on Miami go to the market in Miami. On Monday afternoon we will be sailing out. Does anyone know the cost of a cab from theses hotels to port?
Old 07-09-2006, 10:55 AM

i have asked about hotels in miami and everyone seems to go with the holiday inn closest to the port
Old 07-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Administrator

The Holiday Inn is probably the most convenient since it is across the street from Bayside Marketplace and essentially across the street from the port. But of the three, the Hyatt has the best rooms and service.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:20 PM

Hello. We have stayed at both the holiday inn at the miami port, and the hyatt in downtown. Well, the Hyatt was ok, we stayed there pre and post cruise. The first night, at the Hyatt, we were in a high room facing the city and overlooking the Miami River. That was great, no problems. The second night we stayed there, after we got off the ship was another story. Our room was on the 4th floor, and overlooked the bay and port. The view was great. The problem was the noise. There is a draw bridge on the front side of the hotel, a VERY noisy draw bridge. I think it was made of steel, and every car, truck, whatever that went over it was so loud. Plus, the bridge when it went up would alarm. Even my husband had a hard time sleeping through it. I finally resorted to ear plugs. So if you are a light sleeper, I suggest a high floor, facing the back of the hotel, away from the street. Plus, the traffic going over the bridge would stop, when it was going up, and once our taxi got stuck in it, as I watched the taxi meter go up and up, while the draw bridge did it's thing. Anyways, the holiday inn at the port, was just fine. Just would I expected it to be for a holiday inn. We will definately stay there again. You can walk from the Hyatt to the marketplace, but the holiday inn is much closer. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-17-2006, 06:58 AM

Is the Holiday Inn nice? Is there a beach close enough? We would really like to go to South Beach. What is the best way to get around?
Old 07-17-2006, 08:12 PM

Well, the Holiday Inn was just what I expected for a Holiday Inn. I was not disappointed. I will stay there for our next Miami cruise. It seemed that most of the people there were cruise passengers. In my opinion, South Beach is not far enough to walk. We took a taxi there. I do not remember for sure how much it cost, it was under $30. We always take a taxi around. Good luck. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
drawbridge, holiday, hyatt, inn, miami, noise