Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2007, 06:44 PM

I will be arriving in Barcelona by air and wondered if anyone has any advice on travel from the airport to the Ramblas district(taxi, train, bus?). Will be commencing a crusie the following day.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:51 AM

You can take a taxis which is between 30 -35 Euros depending on traffic. You could also take the bus but you need to be able to handle your luggage. This is not very expensive and take about 25 - 30 min to get to Pl.de catalunya (depending on traffic and building sites)

Those are the cheapest ideas but you could also organize a private transfer with for example yourtransfers.com.

Getting to the port the next moring give you 2 alterantives either walk the 2 kilometers from the bottom of Las Ramblas or take a taxi. Since you have luggage I would suggest you take a taxis..

By the way when are you going? We will be heading for Barcelona on the 17 May and since we are abigger group we will be using yourtransfers...
Old 05-03-2007, 09:04 AM

Thank you for the information.That helps. Do you know if the fare for taxis is per passenger? There are three of us traveling together. We will be in Barcelona on June 14th for two days before leaving on a 7day on Royal Caribbean.
jetlag44@sbcglobal.net
Old 05-03-2007, 10:38 AM

Taxis fares in Barcelona are the same despite the number of passengers. There is an small suplement for luggage, and also for trajects to and from the port and airport. In any case, taxis fares in Spain are much lower than in most of the European Countries. So, enjoy taxi rides.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:39 AM

Jet I mailed you but for all others the Taxi rates are per car. 3 Passengers is not a problem - luggage on the other hand may be
Old 05-03-2007, 01:22 PM

Normandie: Thanks for the information. That makes the fares very reasonable
Old 05-16-2007, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jetlag44:
I will be arriving in Barcelona by air and wondered if anyone has any advice on travel from the airport to the Ramblas district(taxi, train, bus?). Will be commencing a crusie the following day.
Hi Jet
I'm new to this, so I hope it comes out right.
To go by train, you catch the "Renfe" Rail, Get off at "Catalunya" station & change to the "Metro" train. If you go to www.amadeus.net-subway maps, you will get a full run down of the system. I will be doing it in September. Good Luck
Old 05-16-2007, 06:22 AM

Down under,

Thanks for the link to amadeus. I'll try to post some suggestions when I get back that may be of help for when you make the trip...

http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...ages/blank.gif
Old 05-20-2007, 11:34 PM

Good Morning Jetlag
as promised I have just returned from Barcelona... There are a number of yellow & black van Taxis (however still very few). Once you get out of the Terminal building look for the line for the Taxis (you really can't miss it) sometimes you will find a dispatcher ask them for a van. If you get there and there is one there when you get to the front of the line stay there and let others behind you go infront of you until one pulls up to the front of the line. This might cost you a bit of time but that is all.

Forget the train as the direct route is not finished yet and you still have to change trains on the route to and from the airport. If you need to get around a bit cheaper then use the Barcalona bus which stops right out side the Terminal!!

If you need any more info just ask.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:01 AM

moeve Thank you for the post. we will be leaving for Europe June 9th. stopping for a few days in London before flying into Barcelona. If you have any thoughts on places that you particularly liked when you were there it would also be appreciated. ....jetlag

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, barcelona, caribbean, compaired, cruise, embarkation, location, long, pier, port, royal, ship, shuttle, terminal, transfer, transfers, transportation