Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2007, 03:32 AM
We're taking Celebrity out of Amsterdam May 17th and wonder where is the best location to stay for a few days prior, how far away is the Dock and is it easy to get to on our own?

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 01-04-2007, 06:13 PM

It is very easy to get from Schipol airport in Amsterdam to the pier or to downtown. You can get a shuttle outside of luggage. It cost about $12 Euro. I had to wait about 20 minutes for the shuttle. You can also take the train right from the airport to the Central Station in the City. It is very cheap about 4 Euro. A taxi will cost I think about 45-60 Euro. It takes probably around 25 meeting to get into the city. I stayed right on Dam Square which was very convenient to walk to alot of things. But any location should be ok. They have a very good public transportation system. From the Central station you can take the public tram or the water canals. Just get some maps of the city and the canal system and have fun. If you fly in early and plan to go to the Anne Frank museum I recommend you get there first thing in the morning.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:52 AM
Thank you so much, that really helps. I also noticed that Dam Square is mentioned as being central to everything. We were planning to get in 2 days early to enjoy Amsterdam. Can you recommend a Hotel? Thanks

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 01-05-2007, 06:58 PM

Check out the home page on the site www.damsquarehotels.com it has a good map. I stayed at the Krasnapolsky. The Jolly Hotel Carlton is a nice hotel by the Floating Market. I checked out the Crowne Plaza too. Any of the properties that have NH in front of them should be pretty good also. Tulip hotels are a Europe chain.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:35 PM
I really do appreciate your help and knowledge, thank you so much again.

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 03-05-2007, 04:18 PM

If you are staying around the DAM square, just take Tram 25 to Amsterdam Passenger Terminal. It's 1,60 EUR (single trip) and you just arrive in front of the the Cruise Terminal. Tram runs every 15 minutes.

Regards,
HeinBloed

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, amsterdam, crowne, cruise, cruises, dam, embarkation, hotel, international, plaza, port, river, square, transfer, transportation