Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 03:33 AM

Hi, I want to book a room in the hotel mentioned above and am unsure what room to choose. I would love to have the view of the incoming cruise ships in the morning, is a room with Elliott Bay View better or a room which is described with "waterside"?
Has anyone stayed there and knows what these two descriptions mean? It is only a question of 10 dollars more or less for one night.
Thanks in advance, Lucy
Old 06-21-2009, 10:38 PM

Lucy, I haven't stayed there, or even been out west before. I know hotel and condo view descriptions can be quite confusing and misleading at times though. I deal with it often. I think you should give them a call, and ask to speak with a Front Desk Supervisor. Marriott Hotels usually have exceptional guest services personnel. Let me know if you don't get a satisfactory answer here or by calling them. My best friend works for Marriott Corporate, and I'll ask him to call them. Good Luck!

Dwayne
Old 07-07-2009, 10:31 AM

Hello Dwayne, thanks so much for your offer. I have tried to find exact information and was of no success.
Would you mind calling your friend and ask him what ist best for a great harbour view where the ships arrive?
These are the exact words in the room descriptions:
a)Elliott Bay view, Bay view
b)Elliott Bay view, Waterfront (this one is 12 dollars more than a) )
Thank you so much for effort, it is really appreciated.
Lucy
Old 07-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Hey Lucy. I called this hotel yesterday and wanted information on which one was the best room and they asked if I could be put on hold I said thats fine....ten minutes later I just hung up.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Hello Dwayne, thanks so much for your offer. I have tried to find exact information and was of no success.
Would you mind calling your friend and ask him what ist best for a great harbour view where the ships arrive?
I don't mind at all. I'll call him and ask if he can a better description of the views from them for the ships arriving in the morning.

Dwayne
Old 07-08-2009, 05:37 AM

I just got the email back from him. I don't know if it will help much, but here goes.

They told him the Bay View rooms may or may not have a good view depending on the location of the room. The Waterfront rooms will have the best views for the ships. They also admitted the room descriptions are a bit confusing.

We have the same issues here with Oceanfront and Oceanview condos. Sometimes Oceanview units are marketed as such, yet you'd have to stick your head over the balcony to see any water in some cases.

Hope this helps a little at least.

Dwayne
Old 07-08-2009, 05:51 AM

Thank you so much!!! I will go with the waterfront room then, I hope I am lucky to get a nice view.
Thanks again, Lucy
Old 07-08-2009, 05:56 AM

You are most welcome!

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
bay, condo, cruise, cruises, line, marriot, marriott, norweigian, review, reviews, seattle, shuttle, stay, view, waterfront