Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2006, 12:15 PM

Hello Everyone..
I am getting SO excited we are cruising in April on the Explorer. We made our own air reservations and booked the cruise through RCI (Timeshare company).
What is the best way to get from the airport to the ship? How far is the ride from the airport? Does RC have shuttles? How much is it? Can they be purchased in advance? Or do you recommend a Taxi? If so, what is the fare for this trip?

Thanks!

Edit: Moved to Port Hotels and Transfers forum. RF
Old 02-27-2006, 01:46 PM

Take the taxi as it should be about $20 or so for your carload each way. It should be no more than 15 min ride. I too will be taking a taxi on the 13th for my Zenith cruise out of Miami!
The only port I ever took the transfers was from Orlando to Port Canaveral.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:06 PM

It is now a flat fee of $24 to go from the airport to the pier and the same from pier to airport. When coming out of the pier there is a toll and some unscrupulous taxi drivers will try to get you to pay the toll. It is included in the flat fare and is clearly posted on the window in the back seat of the taxi. If they try to pull that trick on you firmly tell them "it's included in the flat fare". I always write down the taxi driver number and cab number when I get in. Imagine if that driver pulled that trick all morning long sticking that toll in his pocket.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, ap, cruise, fl, miami, pier, port, reviews, ship, taxi, transfer, transfers