Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2006, 12:48 PM

Leaving in less than 30 days YIKES! Looking for suggestions for "can't miss" tours or sites in the Greek Islands. If your on our trip- Let me know! Love to hook up and see what you are doing.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:28 PM

Welcome to Cruise Review

I am back from the Grand Greek Isles cruise from July. AWESOME cruise.
I have 2 albums I put on Webshots to give you some ideas.

I have been to most of the ports before so did not have to go crazy to see & do it all.
But, some brief highlights to share......
Just checked your itinerary - a bit different than our's.

Venice - one of my all time lifetime memories will be cruising down the Grand Canal. Magnificent. If it's your first time there be sure to take a gondola ride. Sit in St. Mark's Square & have a Moretti or cappuccino.

Dubrovnik - we did our own thing & walked the wall. Beauty place.

Corfu - we toured on our own. Easy to do walking.

Katakolon - if you like history be sure to go to Olympia. Right from the pier there are some nice shops to visit.

Athens - we booked a 1/2 day tour taking in all of the major highlights. We booked Paul with Greek Taxi. He was amazing. If you can get to the Acropolis early it's better. We arrived there before 8am & were finishing up by the time the crowds started. I was sad that we could not walk into Olympic Stadium as I did back in 1996. Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior. We also went to the highest hill point in Athens. What views!

Mykonos - lovely. We walked to a beach not far from the ship. Later we took the shuttle to the waterfront area, shopped & had some wine at a nice outdoor pub.

Kusadasi - we booked a full day tour of Ephesus with Meander Tours. Our guide Dimir was excellent. Again, we started out early before the crowds. We also visited House of Virgin Mary, St.John's Bascilica, Ephesus museum. Had a lovely lunch with local foods. Returned back with some time to shop. Big shopping port for most.

Rhodes - one of my favorite ports. We visited Old Town & shopped & shopped. Many went to see the Lindos Acropolis.

Santorini - tender port & long lines for the tram. There were many ships in port. 5 I think. Very crowded in town walking around Fira. Those that went to Oia loved it.

Naples - this is another port with loads to see & do. Nearly impossible to get it all done.
I spent the day in Capri & loved it.
I also highly recommend the Amalfi Coast drive. Incredible. I love Sorrento & Positano. Pompeii is something to experience too.

Rome - another spectacular place to visit. Loads to see & do. Sadly we just flew home.

Hope this helps some.

ENJOY your cruise.

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, excursions, facebook, grand, greek, isles, leaving, mediteranean, mediterranean, nice, princess, review, reviews, sept, shop