Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2006, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by M Baier:
Does anyone have any feedback on Hotel Turin in Barcelona. We are thinking about staying there but can't find any reviews on it. Thanks
M Baier
Hi again, don't know the Hotel Turin in Barcelona, but there is a lovely hotel in the center of Barcelona named Pulitzer.
Was there this year. Perhaps you have a look at it?
Regards, Isa
Old 04-05-2007, 09:10 AM

Tom,
Thanks for taking the time to post your reviews. I find them interesting and easy to follow. My family is taking an 11 night Med cruise on the disney ship in May. I have found quite a bit of information of most of the ports except La Spezia. Because the ship's shore excursions are so pricey, we are doing it on our own. We would love to do a quick stop at the Leaning Tower and then head to Florence. What do you think? Should we just stick to Florence? I read that there is not much to do in Pisa but I would love for my children to see the leaning tower. We will be in La Spezia from 7:30am to 7:30 pm. I believe we will be taking a tender to the port.

Any information by anyone will be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:06 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Tom Ogg:

In Livorno I would take the train to Florence, just do your own thing and then take the train back to Pisa and negotiate for a taxi to take you to the leaning tower and back to the port.

Tom, I've been reading your advice on various ports and am anxious to try my luck using it at several ports we will be visiting in Italy and France. I am a first time cruiser and will be on the RCCL Voyager of the Seas seven day cruise from Barcelona to Ville-France, Livorno, Cittiavecchia, Naples and Palermo and back to Barcelona. There will be eight of us traveling together (all adults) and we are going to try to do our own tour by train etc. whenever we can utilizing your posts which by far seem the easiest to follow. I have read a little on the various ports that we are to visit and the only two that I am concerned about is Naples and taking the train to Pompeii and Palermo in Sicily.
Is Naples train area as bad as I have been reading about when it comes to theft or will common sense and a little extra caution suffice? Also do you have any suggestions for traveling by train from Palermo to Cefalu in Sicily or is a ship or private tour a better choice here. Also I've been told a private tour from Ville-France to Nice and Monaco is the way to do that in one day. I would like your thoughts and advice on any and all if ou have the time. Thanks in advance for your help....Andrew aka jetlag
Old 05-22-2007, 09:22 PM

I would like some suggestions on what to do in
Port at Palermo Sicily
This will be our last staop so I was wanting something a little different from just shopping or museums
Old 05-22-2007, 09:27 PM

Tom
Please give me some advice on what to do in Parermo Sicily
Thanks
Lisha
Old 05-23-2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisha:
I would like some suggestions on what to do in
Port at Palermo Sicily
This will be our last staop so I was wanting something a little different from just shopping or museums
Lisha, I too will be in Palermo and would like any information on things to do. Also any info on Cefalu will be appreciated. I will be there on June 22,2007 and have not found many posts on it. If you get anything interesting could you please pass it along to me as well.Thank you...jetlag aka Andrewjetlag44@sbcglobal.net

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, europe, europeportreviews, lisbon, marseille, mediterranean, messina, ogg, port, review, reviews, tom, venice, western, yor