Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2007, 02:26 PM

I have heard that Barcelona has some of the best chocolate in the world and that they make a cup of hot chocolate that should not be missed! Does anybody know of a place where chocolate can be purchased in Barcelona?
Old 06-26-2007, 09:49 AM

hi, there is a market in the main street sells allsorts of chocolate and lots of cafes down la ramblers which is the street to be in, its a bit expensive in barcelona compared to the uk. PLEASE BEWARE OF PICKPOCKETS AND BAG SNATCHERS
Old 06-26-2007, 10:33 AM

Thanks, Linda!
Kelkel
Old 07-03-2007, 11:39 AM

I can't overemphasize the problem with pick-pockets. It was a show in itself sitting at a outdoor restaurant watching them operate. If we could recognize the culprits why can't the police?
Old 07-07-2007, 04:31 AM

I'm all for chocolate, but I'm tuning in to the pickpockets I keep reading about in Europe. Our family has done many cruises to the caribbean, this is the first to the Med (Brilliance on 8/01/07). I've purchased money belts for myself and 15 yr old son. Also pants/jackets with "secure" pockets. Wife has shoulder bag. Appreciate any other suggestions to defeat the pickpockets and purse snatchers without having to wear a suit of armor.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:19 AM

Avtually the only thing you can do is to watch your belongings, donīt stnd by the street artists on Las Ramblas as that is a paradies for pichpockets. If you donīt feel safe in an area, try to leave it immediately.

Apart from that, Europe is not that bad. Just be aware and if your wife is carrying a handbag make sure to put it across not just on one shoulder, same goes for any other kind of bags.

If you have further questions, donīt hessitate

November 2005 - Costa Marina (Spanien und Kanaren)
Mai 2007 - Costa Victoria (öst. Mittelmeer)
Oktober 2007 - NCL Gem
November 2007 - Costa Fortuna (Karibik)
Old 07-07-2007, 10:57 AM

Your reply is much appreciated.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:55 AM

Dr. Livingston:
Just got back from our cruise and we had no problems with pickpockets but, we took precautions! My husband wore a money belt under is shirt. We carried our camera bag with the zippers and latches against our body so that they could not be opened. We were on public transportation in Naples and had no problems.
Kelkel

Closed Thread