Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 07:04 AM

We are heading out on the Disney Magic in 10 days and I am concerned about our port stop in Rome. We are signed up for a 12 hour excursion and plan to take our 7 and 9 year old girls. Are we crazy to do this? Is it too much for kids? Thanks!
Old 06-27-2007, 07:03 AM

When I was in Rome last month, I saw plenty of children in that age bracket walking with excursion groups. Keep in mind that you will spend approx. three of the twelve hours just travelling to and from the port. The hardest part for them would be the Sistine Chapel walk. You will be walking through about 4 miles of beautiful hallways before you get to the actual "Origin of Man" room. Also, there is a mcdonalds close to city centre and enough pizza and gelato to make any child happy.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:14 AM

THANK YOU for your response. I went through Disney and asked them and they just say basically we make all things magical for the families...I love Disney but, I wanted a straight answer! I have heard that the lines into the Vatican are outrageous...Disney does state that because they are a tour group that they generally bypass the lines..do you think that is right? Where does the 4 mile walk take place inside or outside to the Sistine Chapel? Are there restrooms that the girls can use if needed?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:35 AM

Anyone has any excursion to recommand for Rome?
What's fun to do? Something that also is possible to book with RCCL?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:45 AM

The long hike to the Sistine Chapel is indoors and climate controlled. As far as the lines to the museum are concerned, I hope Disney can follow up with their promise. The general rule about avoiding the lines is to get there very early. The line gets longer than you would believe later in the morning. I have pictures of the line that are staggering. I waited in line for over 3 hours. With kids, I can imagine that would seem an eternity. Bathrooms are plentiful in Rome but don't be surprised if a gentleman walks in right behind you. After all, European rules are a little different. If one bathroom has total occupancy, they will just go to the one next door.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:44 PM

Haha...I better be on the look out in the bathrooms! Thanks Dr. L, you have been very helpful.

Closed Thread