Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2007, 04:58 PM

A friend and her daughter will be sailing on the Grand Princess August 21-Sept 02, 2007 and would like to find some tours (not connected with Princess) while in Ireland ports. Has anyone book excursions on their own while in Ireland and if so, what company did you use and how satisfied were you. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:26 PM

I have taken several day trips out of Dublin. Can't remember the providers, but found them in Rick Steves book for Ireland (any Borders or Barnes and Noble; his website is www.ricksteves.com - you can order books direct). Challenge is whether these tours leave too early/late in the day to meet sailing schedules.

Dublin also has a great hop on/off bus with 20 stops - very user-friendly city - bet your daughter could walk just about anywhere.

Belfast is an all-day trip I wouldn't risk out of Dublin on a day stop; I saw 2 guys miss their flights because the roads were so unpredictable. Too bad, because touring the area of "the troubles" was incredible.

Pam (brand new)

Closed Thread

Tags
belfast, cruise, day, dublin, greenback, greenock, ireland, port, reviews, rick, steves, stop, tours, trips