Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2007, 06:18 PM

All you Italy travellers: After a transatlantic we arrive in Civitavecchia and do not want to lug around all our luggage while touring the countryside. Are there large lockers in the port train station or perhaps in the main rail station in Rome where the bulk of our luggage would be safe for 4 or 5 days? If so, what is the cost?
Old 01-19-2007, 02:58 AM

Hi EileenO,

what a pity that you have not posted your request few days ago as I just came back from Civitavecchia and Rome.

You will find Baggage storage at Roma Termini-Station. I passed it but I have not checked the costs.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:57 PM

Thanks HeinBloed.
An alternative to leaving our luggage at the train station in Rome is leaving our luggage at the Leonardo DaVince airport--if they have lockers big enough - for 5 days. Thus, if our ship arrives in Civitavecchia and our goal is to go to Florence (and leave most of our luggage at the airport or elsewhere) via train and then fly back from Leonardo DaVinci, what is the most efficient way to do this? I know all you Italy travellers can come up with great ideas. (As you may have guessed we are not Spring Chickens! lol)
Old 01-19-2007, 06:00 PM

Why don't you just hire a car and drive yourself?

Next to the Train-Station of Civitavecchia I saw a HERTZ-car-rental-station. You have a chance to store your baggage and see all nice places in the Tuscany which you only can reach by car and return your car later at Leonardo da Vinci-Airport! So you have transportation and storage fascilities at once.

Regards,
HeinBloed

Closed Thread

Tags
bagagge, car, civitavecchia, civitaveccia, europ, left, lockers, luggage, port, renting, reviewcivitavecchia, station, storage, store, train