Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 03:40 PM

My husband & I are thinking about a European cruise. When is the best time of the year to do this? I don't like cold & wet...

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-21-2007, 07:27 PM
If by Europe you mean Mediterranean, from my experience either April-May or September-October; avoid July-August (too hot, humid and crowded).

I have no experience in any other part of Europe (yet) so I can't really comment.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:14 AM

f-mattox` suggestion is correct. The best time for shipping in the mediterranean sea is September till the middle of October.

For the Baltic Sea you will go in June or July, so too the west coast of Norway (Bergen to Spitzbergen).

The atlantic (Madeira, Canary IslandsI is good in august, september , round Great Brittania same months.

Regards
Uwe
Old 05-22-2007, 03:37 AM

I like spring around the greek islands it is quite hot but the islands are still green, the farther east you go the hotter it gets, I have never done a baltic cruise as cold and damp affect old injuries, I did the red sea in jan06 it was hot, the atlatic islands are another fav late jan temps inthe 70s but it can rain. kalo taxidi
Old 05-28-2007, 09:19 AM

I just got an e-mail from my daughter who is on the Voyager of the Seas with my wife right now. The scheduled stop in Livorno (Florence, Pisa) had to be cancelled on Monday, May 28 due to bad weather so they had a sea day instead. I guess you can never predict what will happen with the weather.
February 2004 - Grand Princess - W. Caribbean
March 2007 - RCI Voyager of the Seas - E. Caribbean
May 2007 - RCI Voyager of the Seas - Western Mediterranean (Mrs. E. & daughter only - I had a medical emergency)
October 2007 - RCI Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean

Old 06-01-2007, 02:22 PM

My husband and I just returned from crusing around Italy May 19-29. The weather was anywhere from 78 degrees to 92 degrees. Only the last day we had a little rain. I would not cruise in Europe between June-Aug. Because of the crowds and heat!
Old 06-01-2007, 04:08 PM

Thank you kreese. How was the transportation to & from the airport/ship? Did you book that with the cruiseline and if so which cruiseline did you use?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-02-2007, 11:11 AM

We cruised on Holland Ammerica out of Venice. We arrived in Venice a day early so that we could enjoy it first. So we took a water taxi from San Marco Square (where our hotel was) over to the port. But after the cruise we purchased the transport from the cruise ship to the airport, $39 each...

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, europe, european, february, italy, january, mediterranean, mettetrainian, port, review, sail, sea, time, times, year