Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2007, 07:53 PM

Has anyone heard of avoiding the departure of a ship, traveling via train to the next port and picking up the ship at the next port.

We are traveling on the 12 day Celebrity - Mediterean tour. On the west coast of Italy, it stops at Rome and then Florence. I am considering missing the ship leaving Rome to be able to spend an overnight in Rome and then travel via train to Florence, spend the day and then return to the Livorno to continue the trip. Has anyone done this? Is it allowed?
Old 04-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Sounds like an awful lot of trouble just to overnight in Rome.

Obviously they can't force you back onto the ship but they could sure make it difficult for you to reboard at Livorno.

You should at least tell them of your intentions so you don't cause your crew and fellow passengers needless worry and possible delay.

It just sounds like a really bad idea.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:45 PM
I think a lot of people on this forum will tell you that is not a very good idea, I would think that it's definately against the rules. I wouldn't do it if I was you
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 04-25-2007, 07:36 AM

I definitely wouldn't recommend this if you don't inquire and make prior arrangements. On our last Carribean we had a husband and wife that argued in port and the wife did not make it back on the ship. She had to fly back to the USA and then to the port that had the proper customs to let her back on (which was not the next port but the one after) - I guess all the ports do not have the proper security to let you on the ship if you have been off for more than the day! Anyway not sure of all the particulars but it was a big hassle and $$ for them - and a pain for the crew because they had to look for her - delay leaving etc.

Closed Thread

Tags
florance, florence, missing, purpose, rome, ship