Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2007, 11:19 PM

I have read that some areas around the Termini Station in Rome can be unsafe or that it is best avoided. I have taken note of the warnings regarding the prevalence of pickpockets , etc. But, I would be interested in hearing people's comments/experiences on this area. Is it safe to walk back to the hotel at night? Any streets in particular that are 'no go' areas?

I have an overnight stay in Rome before the cruise and was considering staying in one of the many hotels in this area (eg. Hotel Columbia, Via del Viminale 15) as it has received good reviews (TripAdvisor) and also due to its convenience to the Termini and proximity to historical sites.

Any comments on the above would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:41 AM

We stayed in a hotel on Via del Viminale once ourselves and we walked back in the night without any problems or feeling unsafe. In Via del Viminale there is even a ministry with added security.
Nevertheless you should note that many streets away from the main tourist routes can be very empty at night. Some of the smaller side streets in the area around the Statione Termini do not look like one needs to stroll around as single person at night (and I mean night only, not evening.) but that might only be the appereance.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:38 AM

Not to worry. Just pay attention the say way you would in any large city.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:58 PM

Thanks for the reply!

Closed Thread

Tags
area, areas, comments, dangerous, night, nogo, overnight, review, rom, rome, romes, safe, station, stay, termini, unsafe, walk