Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Europe Port Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/europe-port-chat/)
-   -   European(Baltic) port information (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/europe-port-chat/15734-european-baltic-port-information.html)

JayMumma 05-30-2006 03:46 PM

We are taking a Celebrity cruise in June and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or links of devising our own walking tours of seeing the sites in those port cities? Trying to come up with a plan of attack to try and see as many sites as possible without paying the cruiseliner for only "highlight" type tours. We have already booked with DenRus for our St Petersburg visit and have a friend in Amsterdam for The Netherlands visit.
Anyone have any suggestions for: Oslo, Copenhagen, Tallin, Helsinki, Stockholm

I noticed that many of you have visited these ports in the past, so thought you all could be most helpful in sharing your insights.

Thanks so much for your time
Jay

Oggy Boy 05-30-2006 09:11 PM

Visit www.EuropePortReviews.com for detailed information about the ports you are asking about. Have a great cruise!

Tom

Normandie-BCN 06-02-2006 06:23 PM

I would like to know if in some Baltic port ther are more shuttle services that those provided by Celebrity and which are not anymore free.

wildwon01 06-03-2006 11:20 AM

Well just returned from Baltic Sea Cruise on Princess. Not sure if you will go into the same port. From where we docked it was easy to get transportation in Tallinn, Helsinki and Olso. I think you will dock at a different dock in Copenhagen. I think you will be very close to the palace easy walk. Copenhagen is very easy to walk around or use public transportation. Take the canal cruise very nice.
We had to use tenders in Stockholm so we chose the Vasa Mesume Tour which gave us 3 - 4 hours to walk around the city to see what we wanted and catch a bus back to the tender. Really in these ports the cruise lines do a very good job giving you highlights which in the end is what you are going to see anyway. Maybe sure your guide gives you time to show in St. Petersburg, we only went to 2 "shops" and didn't have time to shop behind the Church of the Spilled Blood, need min 1 hr there to shop. :-)
Quote:

Originally posted by JayMumma:
We are taking a Celebrity cruise in June and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or links of devising our own walking tours of seeing the sites in those port cities? Trying to come up with a plan of attack to try and see as many sites as possible without paying the cruiseliner for only "highlight" type tours. We have already booked with DenRus for our St Petersburg visit and have a friend in Amsterdam for The Netherlands visit.
Anyone have any suggestions for: Oslo, Copenhagen, Tallin, Helsinki, Stockholm

I noticed that many of you have visited these ports in the past, so thought you all could be most helpful in sharing your insights.

Thanks so much for your time
Jay