Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2006, 12:31 PM

It appears the best and cheapest way to see this port is to just rent a taxi and walk around. Do you agree or should we book a tour
Old 12-26-2006, 12:31 PM

It appears the best and cheapest way to see this port is to just rent a taxi and walk around. Do you agree or should we book a tour
Old 12-27-2006, 07:38 AM

I agree....kindof! Corfu town is best explored on foot, but that assume you enjoy a lot of walking. Its a very tourist friendly city (and island) with plenty of shops, cafes, and excellent restaurants. English is widely spoken. As to the rest of the island, if you are interested in driving around, perhaps stopping at a beach, and just exploring you could rent a taxi...but this will get expensive. If you do plan to explore the island you might to simply rent a car for the day. Its not hard to drive on Corfu and any drivers license is all you need to rent (although an International Drivers Permit is always a good idea). You are gonna love the place.

Hank
Old 12-29-2006, 12:11 PM

Thanx, Hank

We are big time walkers so that is not a problem. I really have the same question for Mykonos, Kusadasi, Santorrini amd Katakolon.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:23 PM

Yassou

Corfu has some great beaches - I rented a car and had a great time. However, I forgot that the port is called Kerkyra - had a mild panic attack when I tried to find my way back. If you rent a car, rent the smallest one you can find, that way you can park it ANYWHERE! Mykonos town can only be explored by foot - it was built like a maze on purpose to confuse pirates that might land there. There is a great beach (Super Paradise) that can be reached by ferry. Ku?adasi you must explore Ephasus - that is the primary reason for going. My suggestion is to book a tour of Ephsus. Santorini again is primarily a walking venue however, it is a steep climb to the top so you might consider paying for a donkey to take you up.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChucksOK:
Yassou

Corfu has some great beaches - I rented a car and had a great time. However, I forgot that the port is called Kerkyra - had a mild panic attack when I tried to find my way back. If you rent a car, rent the smallest one you can find, that way you can park it ANYWHERE! Mykonos town can only be explored by foot - it was built like a maze on purpose to confuse pirates that might land there. There is a great beach (Super Paradise) that can be reached by ferry. Ku?adasi you must explore Ephasus - that is the primary reason for going. My suggestion is to book a tour of Ephsus. Santorini again is primarily a walking venue however, it is a steep climb to the top so you might consider paying for a donkey to take you up.

Closed Thread

Tags
corfu, cruise, enjoy, kerkira, kerkyra, reviews, town