Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Europe Port Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/europe-port-chat/)
-   -   CIVITAVECCHIA (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/europe-port-chat/16694-civitavecchia.html)

edwardtheking 01-24-2009 08:14 AM

Can anyone advise me which hotels are in reasonable walking distance (no steep slopes) from the Cititavecchia train station. Thank You !

jack2007 01-24-2009 04:24 PM

The Italian State Tourist Board is called ENIT (Ente Nazionale Informazione Turistica).
There is a small tourist information point on the seafront at Civitavecchia, they speak english and will probably be able to help you if they are open.
Teelphone 0766 25348 ) 08:30am -1:00pm mon to sat ( Italian time )
You'll also need the code for Italy I think its 39.

ftroute 01-24-2009 05:56 PM

Miramare is one block (as crow flies) from train station. Level walk to the port entrance - about 10 to 12 minutes. Right on the water. Very nice and reasonable price. Check venere.com as that's how we found it. We will stay there again.

edwardtheking 01-25-2009 05:12 AM

Thank you Jack. I will call them on Monday

Quote:

Originally posted by jack2007:
The Italian State Tourist Board is called ENIT (Ente Nazionale Informazione Turistica).
There is a small tourist information point on the seafront at Civitavecchia, they speak english and will probably be able to help you if they are open.
Teelphone 0766 25348 ) 08:30am -1:00pm mon to sat ( Italian time )
You'll also need the code for Italy I think its 39.

edwardtheking 01-25-2009 05:20 AM

Thanks ftroute> Iwll check out this hotel. I should have been more specific in my post, as I was actually considering the Hotel Traiano which Trip Advisor lists as #1 in town. Have you or anyone stayed there?
Quote:

Originally posted by ftroute:
Miramare is one block (as crow flies) from train station. Level walk to the port entrance - about 10 to 12 minutes. Right on the water. Very nice and reasonable price. Check venere.com as that's how we found it. We will stay there again.

ftroute 01-25-2009 08:39 PM

Have not stayed there but know many who have. However you specifically wanted level ground and my reponse gives you just that. Besides, I prefer the seaside to a mile inland. Pictures at www.ftroute.com/ITCR - click on Civitavecchia.

Dinotoll 02-03-2009 04:51 PM

When we left last year civitavecchia with our carnival freedom cruise we stayed one day pre cruise at the Traiano.I can I can herbly recommend that hotel, the price was right and best of all there is a free shuttle from/to the port.
I booked through their web and got 10% discount.

edwardtheking 02-03-2009 07:20 PM

Thanks Dinotol,

I have difficulty walking up steep slopes. Will this present a problem walking to Restaurants or the Train Station from the Hotel? Do you know if Taxi service readily available at night?

Ed

Dinotoll 02-04-2009 02:42 AM

Hi, when you have some walking problems, pls the best choice is the Hotel Bramante , its brand new there are some restaurants in walking distance also a grocery store and a pizzeria.
They also offer free and efficient transport to cruise ship.