Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 02:52 PM

Hello,I intend to do the South America cruise from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires in Feb 2009. I would like to know how is the sea around Cape Horn: moderate or tumultuous? I heard that the itinerary is grate but that the sea can be rough. What is the truth?
Old 04-22-2008, 02:52 PM

Hello,I intend to do the South America cruise from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires in Feb 2009. I would like to know how is the sea around Cape Horn: moderate or tumultuous? I heard that the itinerary is grate but that the sea can be rough. What is the truth?
Old 05-22-2008, 12:01 PM

We did this on Infinity Celebrity Jan. '07 and did encounter high seas, but our cabin was centre lower deck so all was relatively calm.

One dinner was completely disrupted with broken china and several injuries when some elderly passengers fell onto the broken glass.

But it remains a 'trip of a lifetime' and one not to be missed because of possible high seas.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:27 PM
And others here have made the same trip when the sea was perfectly calm. It's something you have no control over, so like Novice Senior says, don't miss it because of the "possibility" of high seas.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:59 PM

We rounded the Horn in early March as part of our Antarctica cruise (after Antarctica cruising). Our experience was the Drake was completely "Drake Lake" and rounding the horn was totally smooth. It is really rolling the dice to make a prediction, but I suspect that in the months of Dec. to mid March experiences like the one described above are not too common. Take the chance, and good luck! You will just love the fjord cruising in Chile.

Closed Thread

Tags
2008, aires, airesvalparaiso, aries, buenos, celebrity, cruise, forums, infinity, march, powered, prediction, review, reviews, sea, valparaiso, valpariso, vbulletin