Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2006, 11:33 AM

Hank mentions the Piazza Navonna and I am wondering how far a walk that is from the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, etc.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:40 PM

Its about a 20 - 25 min walk..assuming you walk at a decent pace. For us, more than half the fun is just getting there since every block of Rome brings new adventures, sites, etc.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:40 AM

Thanks for the info. We really have taken your advice. Just one big paid for tour, sharing with another couple, and that's the one you said if we were going to splurge, splurge on this one. It's the one at Naples, doing Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, etc. The rest we'll probably do on our own. Your advice has been invaluable. Thanks again.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:32 PM

My goodness, I actually said to spurge on a tour. Surely you jest. Actually, the one tour I tend to recommend is the full day Rome tour for those that have never been to Rome. However, that tour does not apply to you since you will be in Rome precruise. I do think doing Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast is a darn good itinerary, and its not something you can do on your own unless you car crazy (like me) and like to rent cars. Your Pompeii/Amalfi tour is fine although many would recommend you do this with a private guide/driver vs a ship tour. The negative with ship tours is that they are on buses and I hate buses. Sometimes these tours do not give you enough time in some places (such as Positano) to break away from the tour and do some walking/exploring. Its the price you pay for the convenience of a tour. Ironically, we are going to Egypt this week and the logistics forced us to use a tour company. However, we were able to arrange for private guides/drivers in order to avoid the "bus thing." My nightmare scenario has always been sitting on a bus while we wait for that one passenger who is always late because "they just had to buy one more thing."

Hank
Old 10-22-2006, 05:47 PM

Read your Sept. 19th post in topic Post-Cruise Florence and you will see you used the word "splurge"! We are going to do this tour with a private driver and share with another couple we met on this wonderful website. Thanks again.

Closed Thread

Tags
amalfi, caribbean, carnival, cruise, crusie, driver, excursion, package, pre, precruise, private, reviews, rome, royal, tour, tours