Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2006, 07:35 AM

We are on the Liberty in May 2006. Can you tell me what ports you tender in..also what port do we dock in...in Cannes..I want to set up a private tour there..and want to make sure it is Cannes that we dock in so I will give them the right info for our pickup. I have tryed revelation tours..and dream tours..both are booked for the time we will be in..we want to see The French Riviera and Monaco. any suggestions on other tour operators? Thanks
Old 02-07-2006, 09:19 AM

I am pretty sure that you would tender into Cannes. It is a good distance from Cannes to Monaco, so you would be taking a whirlwind tour of the French Riviera.

Tom
Old 02-23-2006, 12:25 PM

Hello cruise4ever....was wondering the website of dream tours....I managed to find revelations but no luck with dream tours...we are going on the same cruise but leaving on July l8 and I am trying to do the same private tours as you and thought maybe they might not be booked for my time slot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My email is rogerp@combine.com and my name is Denise thanks again
Old 03-22-2006, 05:24 PM

Good websites to look at for this cruise. I'll be on there too and have done much research. Don't like the idea of huge coach tours with cruiseline.
http://www.europeportreviews.com/
http://www.tours-italy.com/
http://www.viator.com/
and for Cannes http://www.sunnydays.fr/excfull.htm
see ya there!
Old 03-25-2006, 02:09 PM

Hi -- Saw you were traveling on the Carnival Liberty in May -- so are we! May 7th! Just wondering about shore excursions via Carnival or go on our own? Have you heard?
Old 04-09-2006, 11:59 AM

Sorry nanad5angels, I copied your posting by mistake. Just joined this group, and what I wanted to say is that we are on the same cruise.
We have taken the Med. crise before (Oct '05) with RCCL and took some of the ship's tours.
We are now taking a few private tours on our own. If you are interested in joining us, please let me know. A few of us are going to Sorrento and Positano (Amalfi) and Naples with our driver. The cruises all want to take you to the cameo factory (kickback), and we waited on the bus with quite a few others while some went in. Waste of time. I would suggest taking the Tuscan tour of San Gimingano. It is wonderful. You get to stop at a farm and everyone on the bus is served a wonderful lunch.
We can talk more on land tours.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:52 AM

Hi, we are on Carnival Liberty-Med cruise May 7th. Any train directions and information, times & cost from Cannes to Nice, Monaco & Monte Carlo return would be appreciated date May 17th. 9am return by 6:30pm
Also we read Uwe information on Naples "Linea Napoli-Ercolano-Pompeji-Sorrento" central station (Piazza Garibaldi)"Circumvesuviana"then SITA bus to Amalfi, do you have return times-not able to bring up www.popelisites.org Thank you
Old 06-08-2006, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by nanad5angels:
Hi -- Saw you were traveling on the Carnival Liberty in May -- so are we! May 7th! Just wondering about shore excursions via Carnival or go on our own? Have you heard?
I am going to be on Liberty the end of Sept. and am researching private tours. I was wondering how you made out and what recomendations you might have.
Thanks
Old 07-25-2006, 09:12 PM

Hey going on Carnival Liberty cruise Sept 28th - Oct 10. Looking for a guide in Messina, Sicily. We are from L.A. It will be a long trip for us. Have heard some very bad reviews regarding Sicily Life. Does anyone have any other names or websites to give out. Sicily Tours is already full. I have some great private tours in other ports if anyone is interested. JoJo
Old 08-25-2006, 10:54 AM

Hi we are also going on the Med cruise on Sept. 28. Have you booked a tour for Naples???

I have a few names for touring with a private driver? Anyone interested?

Does anyone have names of private tours?

Mdarr

Closed Thread

Tags
cannes, carnival, excursions, hulse, joanne, liberty, marcello, marcellomarescatiscaliit, maresca, med, messina, naples, shore, sicily, tender, tours