Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2006, 03:47 PM

We will be traveling with two teens aged 18 and 19. They are two old for the Princess teen activities (13-17) and too young for the adult activities. Has anyone traveled to the Baltic before with older teens? What are some exciting things to do on excursions they will enjoy? Also if anyone has been on the Princess Star with older teens what did they do? It will be too cold for swimming but I would think people would use the hot tub.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:47 AM

I don't wish to be negative, but the Baltic is not the most exciting itinerary for typical active teens. If they are interested in history and other cultures than the ports will be entertaining - otherwise, not so much. On my Baltic cruise last year, the teens I spoke with were pretty bored. While on the ship they spent much of their time playing cards or sitting in the hot tub. What are the specific ports on your itinerary?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-08-2006, 04:58 PM

We stop in Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Oslo, Gadsnk, Tallin. My daughter is interested in Russian studies so that is why we took the cruise in the first place so at least one of them may not be bored but thanks for the info.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:06 PM

HI

I took this cruise last August. Awesome.
It can be exhausting however with so much to see & do. If your teens go on excursions there is really little time to be bored.
I have posted a review here that you can refer to on tours.

You did not mention when you are going ?
But, we did have some warm days & people were swimming. Plus there is the indoor pool they can use if it is cooler. And the hot tubs you mentioned.

Hope you enjoy it.

Cathy

PS here's a link to my webshots albums. I have several albums from this cruise you can check out.
http://community.webshots.com/user/sunprincess8

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 04-09-2006, 01:14 PM

Cathy,
Thanks for the link with the photos. It is very helpful. We are traveling on the june 4 cruise.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:11 AM

Hi Cruisewest
The Balitcs, with the exception of st Petersburg are pretty accessible and easy to navigate so let them wonder and explore on their own if they wish, they will run into many kids their age who speak English. St Petersburg is another story. If you have visas and lots of time they would love it, it is a very teen oriented, and making friends is very easy. If they are going on shore excrusions, as SunPrincess says, the must sees will keep them too busy to be bored, Even the most jaded kid will be blown away by the city.
The sea days are pretty short since the ports are close togethers so I will predict that boredom is not going to be a problem. I notice more kids are accompanying their parents on this cruise this then ever before and not many complaints are heard

Closed Thread

Tags
baltic, cruise, cruises, europe, exciting, good, june, pools, ports, princess, review, reviews, star, swimming, teen, teenagers