Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Europe Port Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/europe-port-chat/)
-   -   Dobrovnic (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/europe-port-chat/17772-dobrovnic.html)

wheezer 04-14-2007 10:00 AM

What is a don't miss here?

nco4242 04-14-2007 10:58 AM

Wall around city is star attraction but wandering around old town is worth it and if you can get out into the countryside you will be amazed.

curtisprod 04-14-2007 12:01 PM

We were there about a month ago. I hope they have cleaned up the graffiti under the bridge that included a large swastika. I complained and I assume that the cruise line forwarded the complaint.

Rosalie 04-15-2007 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nco4242:
Wall around city is star attraction but wandering around old town is worth it and if you can get out into the countryside you will be amazed.

Rosalie 04-15-2007 04:24 PM

Looking for restaurants recommendations in Dubrovnik for lunch and dinner.

Quote:

Originally posted by nco4242:

steve elster 04-26-2007 11:26 PM

I live in Croatia for some of the year with my wifes family, Dubrovnik is a world heritage site so it has a great historic value, so it is as a whole a great trip,it get very busy in the Summer, so we tend to go to Saftat by water bus, Tito had his Summer House there, you can also get a water bus to Montenegro which is nearly as beautiful as Croatia,the Croatian alphabet has fewer letter than ours so my spellings are phonetic, also spelling is not a forte of mine Kalo Taxidi ps It is quite easy to find English speaking Croatian, they are a very reserved people with strong moral codes, the swastica is terrible, but in most nation you have ignorant people who, can only exspress themselves in this barbaric way, you must show your disgust in what ever way you are comfortable with

Avril 09-22-2007 03:21 PM

We visited this city a couple of years ago by ship. We found the people very friendly and we felt very safe and happy within the area. The city is just to look and wander. Have a coffee and watch the people. The little jetty near the main square is similar to Cornwall with little houses and upturned boats. Very pretty.

melly 09-27-2007 08:41 AM

Just returned from Dubrovnik.I was amazed!While at port this day.We walked the city walls by the pile gate.It was vey clean and intetersting.i would recommend seeing this area in the old town.

WanderingWench 10-03-2007 07:04 PM

Is it necessary to take the ship's excursion. Could we do the major sites of Dubrovnic on our own?
Also the same information for Mykonos, Corfu, and Rhodes would also be appreciated!
Thanks
Wandering Wench

abc 10-24-2007 12:04 PM

In Dubrovnik it's absoluteley unnecessary to book an excursion. Last week I have been ther e with Costa Mediterranea. The ship was just 5 minutes outside the harbour. The tender boats landed direct in the middle of the old town. There you have every possibility to to explore the old town. For 7.50 Euro you should buy an admission for the top of the city wall. The views you have over the town and over the sea are worth every cent.

In Rhodos we had time from 8a.m. to 6 p.m. So we took a little Fiat Panda for 50 Euro from the rent-a-car station direkt at the harbour. We have been the first tourists in the Valley of the Butterflies. No buses had arrived yet. So we really could enjoy this romantic valley on our own
In Lindos we met all the tourist and all the donkeys. But with a car we could leave at our own decision and did not have to wait, until the last bus tourist had found his way back.

So we had time enough for a sunbath and swim on a secluded beach, before we geve back the car at 3 p.m. A walk through the old town of Rhodos ended a day, which we have organized. Far better than letting other people organize you!