Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2005, 10:38 AM

HOW FAR IS IT FROM HEATHROW? HOW MUCH IS THE CAB FARE? DO THE MAJOR CRUISE LINES FLY INTO HEATHROW?
Old 06-13-2005, 05:10 PM

It is a couple of hours via train. The best way to do it is to arrive in London the day before the cruise and then take the train to Dover from Victoria Station first thing on the morning of the cruise. A taxi would be prohibitive. There is a Thistle Inn located right at Victoia Station. You can take the train from the airport to Victoria Station.

In Dover, you can take a taxi to the cruise terminal (about 5 dollars) drop your stuff and then visit Dover Castle and Dover itself. The cruise terminal is within easy walking distance from downtown Dover and it is well worth a visit.

I would not suggest trying to fly in the same day and hoping to make it to Dover in time to board the ship.

Hope that helps.

Tom
Old 02-02-2006, 09:01 PM

So if we leave on a cruise from Dover-England on May 11th and return on May 23rd... When should we book our flight dates? I like your idea of arriving a day early to sightsee. Any help is appreciated. It is my honeymoon!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:15 AM

I would plan to arrive in London no later than May 10th (which means you would depart May 9th) If you haven't visited London before, I would go in a few days early. On the return, plan to take the train back into London and spend the night and fly home on the 24th. Less hassle and stress.

Also, I would try to fly into Gatwick Airport. You can take the Gatwick Express into London right from the airport. Also, if you have an early morning flight on the 24th, Gatwick has several hotels nearby. I really like the Thistle Inn - Gatwick.

Tom

Tom
Old 03-19-2006, 12:08 PM

Hi Tom,

Don and I will be sailing on the Connie out of Dover on June 17th. We're staying a few short blocks from the Royal Mews in London for a couple of days (about 2 blocks from Victoria Station), precruise, and are looking for some alternate ideas to get to Dover.

TX2SUM
Joan & Don Weber

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, cabs, code, cruise, dover, england, flights, fly, into, port, ships, station, taking, taxis, train