Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2006, 09:20 PM

I am interested in maybe persuing a DenRus tour on our cruise in June.
Here are my questions
1) Do they carry a group visa like Celebrity or do we need to file for Russian visas? I know DenRus' website says they do, but I don't want to send them $500 only to find out this is not the case and we can't use our tour.
2) Any experiences in breakdowns or arriving back to the ship later than scheduled? Talked to my TA and she said if on the second day the tour group had a breakdown and we arrived back to the ship late, we would be screwed as far as catching back up to the ship. All though if we had the same thing happen with a Celebrity tour, that the boat would wait for the tour group. Of course she said that using secondary tour people (locals) really is the best way to go because you see more and it costs much less but to solicit advise from people who have used the local tour company first.
We are looking at The Grand St. Petersburg tour from DenRus NOT the private ones.
Thanks for any insights you have
Jay
Old 05-24-2006, 06:27 AM

I would NOT hesitate using DenRus for touring in russia. We usedtheir services last year and just as their web site indicates - you do NOT need a Visa for their excursions. We were provided with the proper paperwork to show to the officials at the pier and whisked right through security - no problem. They also have a sufficient fleet, that in the event of any breakdown - you would be protected from missing the ship. They do not cut their tour times so close to ship's departure time that you should have any fear of missing the ship.

Denrus is actually the official company that many of the cruise lines use themselves. You are just cutting out the middle man (the cruise line) so your costs are much less AND you get a much more personalized tour.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-25-2006, 12:40 AM

Thank you Nancy for the information.
Last question....
When you say they provide the paperworl in advance to show the officials at the pier. Did they mail those to you or e-mail with a receipt?
We are leaving on our cruise in 3 weeks and just want to make sure I receive everything in time because obviously I am cutting this kind of close.
THANKS SO MUCH!!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 01:35 PM

Gee, I really can't remember for sure how we received the proper documents last year. BUT, I have needed their services to expedite my visa application for a visit to Russia this August and everything has been done via e-mail docs. (I chose not to get a visa last year and use their tour services, but the independent touring I will be doing this August requires a visa.)

p.s. - If you go to their web site, you will see that they have a US phone number that you can call to speak to someone if you have specific questions.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-27-2006, 08:02 PM

Great...that's what I will do and give them a call. Went ahead and paid for everything so hopefully everything will work out just fine. REALLY looking forward to this tour!!!!!

Thanks for you help Nancy

Closed Thread

Tags
companies, company, denrus, denruss, forum, google, petersburg, questions, review, reviews, russia, russian, st, tour, tours