Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2006, 07:58 AM

Tom Ogg has the most comprehensive info and hope he can advise how to get from Cannes to Nice and Eze "on your own". We are 2 ladies cruising on the Liberty 7/6/06. Thanks.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:24 AM

Hi MarGra,
Just wanted to let you know that Tom is presently on an Amazon River cruise and will not be back on the boards until he returns home. (Didn't want you to think he was not responding to your inquiry). I know he has taken the train from Cannes to Nice, and if memory serves me correctly Eze-sur-Mer (the seaside town) is on the main train line between Nice and Monaco. From there you would most likely need to take a taxi to Eze Village. I believe there is a footpath that leads from Eze-sur-Mer to Eze Village but it is steep and long. I am sure Tom will be able to give you more specific info when he returns.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-18-2006, 05:49 PM

MarGra, Easy to catch the train in Cannes. The station is only about four blocks back from the beach and is quite easy to find. The ride to Nice is about an hour each way and the train station in Nice is about 12 blocks (or so) back from the beach and Old Section. It is a little more difficult to find when returning from the Old Section, but folks will help you along the way.

Eze is going to be difficult. There is an Eze station and a shuttle bus that can take you up to Eze, but unfortunately the shuttle and the train schedule are not meshed well. You might be better off hiring a taxi in Nice and having the driver take you to Eze and then on to Monte Carlo where you can catch a return train to Cannes. This would be a full day and you would need to reconfirm schedules so that you make it back to the ship on time, but it would be memorable.

Hope that helps.

Tom
Old 03-21-2006, 11:37 AM

Thanks Tom and Nancy,
Re: July 6 Med. sailing on Liberty
I will follow your lead as my friend and I are fairly adventurous. Believe we'll be in Cannes on July 16 from 9am to 8pm. Will lob off 2 hrs. and plan to be back on board by 6pm. We would welcome any others who would be interested in seeing Nice & Eze. I've been to Nice but didn't see the flower market and know it's only open in the morning so hope to see it this time.

Closed Thread

Tags
bus, cannes, carlo, cruise, eze, france, monaco, monte, nice, port, schedule, taxi, train, transporation, village