Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 09:10 AM

Has anyone done a Baltic cruise and can you advise me on the weather conditions for that time of year? I would like to pack lite but with no idea of the climate, I could end up packing far too much. Cruising on 3rd June. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Hello Cruisegirlsa; we sailed from Copenhagen on June 23. The weather for the most part was beautiful; a little cool for a Southern California boy, but very enjoyable. The temps ranged from a low of 54 in St. Petersburg to a high of 68 in Stockholm. We had light rain one day in St. Petersburg and a pretty good rain for a couple of hours in Oslo. The rest of the time it was beautiful--occasionally some high, thin clouds, and always a nice light breeze. Most of the time it was in the high 50's to low 60's.

Hope this helps.

Rick
Old 04-25-2009, 02:54 PM
A few years ago we went mid -june it was nice but you need to take layers
I took a light fleece jacket & a rainjacket
On cooler days I wore the rain jacket over my fleece to cut the cold.
Left the swim suit & shorts at home
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 04-25-2009, 03:47 PM
On the other hand, I swam almost everyday on Veendam
Old 04-26-2009, 06:41 AM
We were there also in June and had wonderful weather. I did have a couple of spring type light jackets for a few days and on one day I needed a tank top in Poland it was hot. How exciting I just loved that whole itin, I would say that the average for 13 days was about 70.
Have a wonderful time!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 04-27-2009, 12:39 PM

Thanks to everyone for replying, this gives me a good idea of what to pack. Now I just have to decide on how much!? You know what it is with us women!! The whole kitchen sink! Won't be packing my swimsuit either I don't think. I am from South Africa and used to very hot weather, so when it's cool, I feel it!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:52 AM

We do a lot of European travel and have learned (the hard way) that Baltic weather, even in June, is unpredictable. It might be nice and 80, or rainy, dreary, and cold in the low 50s. I suggest you log onto accuweather.com and than you will see "world" towards the upper left. Click on this and than check some of your cities right before you pack. Accuweather has 15 day forecasts which, while not always accurate, will give you the trends.

Hank
Old 05-06-2009, 09:12 AM

Thank you Hank, I will definately check out accuweather.com and see what is the forecast for the time we are cruising. We did an Alaskan cruise last year and the weather was just as unpredictable but I loved it. So looking forward to the Baltic!

Closed Thread

Tags
area, average, baltic, baltics, cruise, cruises, jne, jun, june, may, packing, sea, swim, temperatures, weather