Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2006, 09:00 AM

We are leaving on the May 25th cruise on the Freedom, along with another couple that live next door to us. Do you have any pricing information on the Revelation Tours? We don't have "money to burn", so will be interested in how their rates are.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:19 AM

As you can tell from my posts, we do not have "money to burn" either. Unlike some, who can do this frequently, this will be our only shot. I have checked with three tour companies and they all run about the same. For instance, the Amalfi Coast, Pompeii, Positano tour with private driver through Revelation Tours, Benvenetto and Driver in Rome, all cost about 600 to 650 euros, BUT they do your bidding, i.e., doing Pompeii in the a.m., where to stop to poke in a shop, where to lunch and it IS a very full day, 8 to 9 hrs. So as Hank said, if you're going to pick one place to splurge, Naples is the place. You can www.com all the above-mentioned tours or get them by googling in the names. I hope I have been of some help. Bev
Old 10-07-2006, 09:21 AM

Sorry, I should have added, it doesn't matter how many people, the price is still the same so you can split it, of course. Maybe you could find another couple on the ship or through this wonderful website to go with the four of you, thereby cutting down the costs. Bev
Old 10-07-2006, 09:28 AM

Thanks for the info!!! Wish you all were going with us! I haven't had much success getting answers from others on our same cruise, but I know it is still early.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:55 AM

Hey, We have 4 couples booked on this cruise(June 6-18). We are not very well organized, but I suspect that at least some of us would like to share tours with you. We hope to begin meeting and planning in December (Probably more like Jan) Two couples are celebrating 35th wedding anniversary.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:04 PM

Hey David, We have another couple to do a 9-hr. tour of the Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and about three of the villages, but can switch to a van that holds two more couples. The van is 500 euro no matter the number of people in it so we could split it four ways, making it very reasonable to have a private tour. The tours are already being snatched up for June as we found out in doing our research. What say you? Bev
Old 11-09-2006, 08:30 PM

Bev,

We have two copuples that would like to join you for a tour of the Amalfi Coast, etc.

What do we need to do?
David
Old 11-18-2006, 06:05 PM

Hi David

My name is Jim, Bev asked me to contact you regarding the Naples tour. Sorry I took so long to reply. Anyway, we are going with AP Tours ( you can check them out on the internet if you like ).Cost per couple including a private guide for 2 hours in Pompeiiis 150 Euros. If you want to join us let me know for sure as soon as possible so I can make the arrangements. You don't have to do anything right now as we pay the driver in cash on the day of the tour. It should be a lot of fun and we look forward to your group joining us. Please include your e-mail address when you reply so I can contact you direct instead of going on this website. We will arrange to meet with your group and Bev and her husband the night before the tour somewhere on the ship

Jim
Old 11-26-2006, 07:03 AM

Hi Dave, I see Jim replied to you about going with the four of us on our private reserved tour. Are you still interested in going with us? We hope so.

Bev
Old 12-09-2006, 09:48 AM

Hi bcjmbo and Grammabev,

I am sorry I have not checked this site in a long time. We (two couples) certainly would like to join you.
My email is dpaden@reverecontrol.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

David

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cheaper, cost, cruise, cruises, excursion, expensive, forum, freedom, hire, june, sharing, tours, traveling, wife