Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2006, 12:13 AM

To anyone using an independent tour guide, I would HIGHLY recommend including a visit to the Russian Museum (all Russian art and actually a more interesting collection than the Hermitage--heresy, yes..but it's true), the Museum of Ethnography, Church on Spilt Blood (has several names) and directly behind the church an open air market with high quality Russian souveniers priced much lower than any of the stores. The ballet at the Hermitage Theater is okay, but if the Kirov/Mariinsky or Eifmann troups are in town...a MUST! I've traveled extensively and this is one of the most interesting cities I've ever visited...and a lot of the truly wonderful sites are not covered by the usual tours. Enjoy!
Old 07-20-2006, 03:54 PM

Can you share with me how you used DenRus to locate other pax on your dates in St. Petersburg? I am trying to book a van for 8-10 pax, including my four.

Thanks.

Michael (oakie4@aol.com)
Old 07-27-2006, 06:29 AM

Hi Michael,
When are you in St.Petersburg?
We are trying to get a custom tour with Denrus 9/13&14.
We have 4.
Pat
patharrison@bellsouth.net
Old 10-12-2006, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by blueducky:
To anyone using an independent tour guide, I would HIGHLY recommend including a visit to the Russian Museum (all Russian art and actually a more interesting collection than the Hermitage--heresy, yes..but it's true), the Museum of Ethnography, Church on Spilt Blood (has several names) and directly behind the church an open air market with high quality Russian souveniers priced much lower than any of the stores. The ballet at the Hermitage Theater is okay, but if the Kirov/Mariinsky or Eifmann troups are in town...a MUST! I've traveled extensively and this is one of the most interesting cities I've ever visited...and a lot of the truly wonderful sites are not covered by the usual tours. Enjoy!
Old 10-12-2006, 04:30 PM

We are going to be in St Petersburg June 25th on the Star Princess. Does any one have any suggestions on what to see & do while we are there.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:44 PM

Hi, We are a party of 4 that will also be in St Petersburg on the Star Princess 6/25 & 6/26. We are thinking of doing an independent tour with DenRus. We might be interested in joining together with others to do a custom 2 day tour, rather than the large one.

Jagzoo
Old 02-20-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by blueducky:
I would second these recommendations, with one comment: Eifmann Ballet tours the US almost every year (they are here this spring). If you can, see them here and use the precious little time you have in the city for other sites - there is so much to see in St. Petersburg!
Old 03-05-2007, 09:44 AM

Hi,
We've been to St.Petersburg last summer. Our group of 7 were more than satisfied with the service of Anastasia company, http://www.anastasiaworld.com. My parents are from Leningrad (former name of St.Petersburg). And even I knew a lot about this city, I was just shocked with Anastasia's knowledges. She was very personable. She arranged a group blanket visa and met us right next to the ship. Within just 2 days we've seen really a lot, beacause we were entering Amaber room? Hermitage without any lines (very important).
Stasy
Old 03-05-2007, 11:25 AM

our group of 9 used Denrus and we were very happy with their service and their price. It was about $275 per person for two whole days of touring. our guide, Anna, was an ex school teacher and VERY knowledgeable about Russian history. it was amazing how much we got to see because of her "insider" information as to how to get to the fronts of lines and how to avoid bottlenecks such as in the Hermitage. I talked to people at dinner who were very happy with Red October as well, but they paid more for the same itinerary we followed. one thing i would suggest whoever you use is do NOT use the ship's tour. those people were not nearly as happy as the private tour participants. herded around in large groups. too much time taken for lunch when there was so much to see. i would suggest a box lunch in the van on day one rather than a sit down lunch. the traffic is sooooo bad, you have plenty of time to eat a leisurely lunch and sit and rest while you are driving to your next destination. you can eat anywhere, but you can only see St Petersburg, most likely, in these two days in your life.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:51 AM

Hello,

This year I'm going to St.Petersburg. I would like, dcefenitely? to have private tour. As I could realize, price depend not only on the travel agency, but also on the number of people in the group? We are a team of 2. Do you have any idea what will be the price in Alla tours, Red October, Anastasia company and DenRus. It seems to me they are the most suggested comanies.

Thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
alla, anastasia, co, excursion, hermitage, museum, petersburg, princess, review, reviews, russia, shore, st, touring, tours