Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2006, 03:22 PM

Hi, All...
Any suggestions on a reliable company in St. Petersburg that can provide a day or two of tours in St. Pete?
Eight of us, two days in port. The ship tours may be too "regimented"
Hermitage, Peterhoff, shopping, maybe a visit to the ballet, or folkloric dancing show.
Thanks!

Edit: Moved to Europe Port Chat. RF
Old 04-30-2006, 08:06 AM

Scroll down in this section & find the St.Petersburg topic. It's loaded with information for you.

Enjoy.

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 04-30-2006, 03:11 PM

Hi,

We are planning to use Alla tours, http://www.alla-tour.com/ in July 2006. Alla and her group have been very accomodating and also arranged for a group blanket visa. I feel we have made an excellent choice. We are a group of 12.
Daphna
Old 05-03-2006, 10:20 AM

Daphna01 _ I know you will be very happy with your choice of Alla-tour. As you say, a visa is not needed to tour with her and she meets you on the dock. We toured with her last year and were extremely pleased. Her English is excellent, she is extremely knowledgeable and very personable.
I first heard of her thru a recommendation by a reader in the LA Times and have since talked to numerous people who have used her services and also recommend her.As soon as we contacted her we realized hers was a very personalized service. We are so glad we arranged our tours with her.I have been recommending her without hesitation.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:47 PM

WE ARE GOING TO ST PETERSBURG ON THE JULY 24TH SAILING OF THE STAR PRINCESS.WE WILL BE IN ST. PETERSBURG 28 & 29 JULY. WE ARE INTERESTED IN VISITING THE GRAND CHORAL SYNAGOGUE. DOES ANY KNOW THE HOURS THAT IT WILL BE OPEN FOR VISITING ON THOSE DAYS?

THANKS,
BOB
Old 06-10-2006, 04:47 PM

our guide had to call in advance to schedule a visit to the synagogue when we were there last week.

as for tour company, we used Denrus for 9 of us in a 16 passenger van so were very comfortable. was cheaper than ship and much more efficient. we were able to customize our tour completely. we only had 2 people and used Denrus calendar for sailing dates to sign up for extra people and also put a notice in roll call at cruisecritic.com. had no problem meeting 7 others. as a matter of fact, we ended up with 21 replies of people who wanted to join us and we took the ones that seemed most compatible with our age and our site seeing wishes. it all worked out great.

tablemates used Red October and they also were very happy. I think from the feedback at dinners that everyone who did a PRIVATE tour was happier than those on the ship's tour.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Daphna101:
Hi,

We are planning to use Alla tours, http://www.alla-tour.com/ in July 2006. Alla and her group have been very accomodating and also arranged for a group blanket visa. I feel we have made an excellent choice. We are a group of 12.
Daphna
Hi Daphna101
We are thinking about this trip in 2007, let me know how you trip went with Alla Tour, Regards
Old 07-02-2006, 05:46 PM

We're going to be in St. Petersburg on July 19-21, arriving on the Insignia. We're looking for others on the Insignia to join with us to tour St. Petersburg with Alla-Tours. If you get in touch with her, she'll put the group together. We don't have much time!

www.alla-tour.com
Old 07-06-2006, 11:28 AM

We are on the Star Princess sailing of August 13th. We will be in St Petersburg on August 17-18. We're looking to form/join a private group for a 2 day highlights tour. So far we haven't selected a tour operator, though we've heard about DenRus, Red October and Alla Tour. Sounds like the three of them are very good so will come down to availablity and price. Any suggestions to help decide between them?

If any are interested pls email: maeinto@yahoo.ca

-Michelle
Old 07-14-2006, 01:48 PM

We're doing the Baltic/Russia aboard Century next year. Nancy N'S review was very helpful. We might do a private tour w/Denrus in St. Petersburg. The rest, we'll probably just do independently or get a cheap tour from the ship.

Closed Thread

Tags
alla, anastasia, co, excursion, hermitage, museum, petersburg, princess, review, reviews, russia, shore, st, touring, tours