Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2006, 12:11 PM

Hi
We are heading to the Med in October on Millenium's 12 day cruise. I have been reading the posts and am thinking of doing Florence by train and then taking a cab to Pisa to finish off the day. My question is do we have to reserve a driver for that trip? What is the best way to do this excursion?
Also, what other places should we make reservations for taxis, trains during the Millenium cruise?

Thanks
Jenny
Old 09-04-2006, 04:23 PM

hi jenny, i went to florence and pisa in may this year, and 4 of us got a taxi and it was cheaper than the ship tour, we also had more time there as well. ps watch out for the pickpockets in pisa, linda
Old 09-04-2006, 08:23 PM

Jma, I am not sure you idea makes a lot of sense from a finanacial and practical point of view. Yes, you can take the train to Florence (you will need a taxi to get you from the ship to the Livorno station) and I am sure you can find a taxi in Florence to take you to Pisa and than back to Livorno. But, you have too options that make more sense. You could hire a taxi for the say in Livorno who would take you to all these places for about the same price at it will cost you to grab a taxi in Florence to get you back to the port. The current price is subject to negotiation, but expect to pay about 200 - 300 Euros for the entire day. If you want to take the train, why not just take the train to Florence, and than you can take the train back and make a stop in Pisa (you could also do this on the way since all the trains go through Pisa) and at that point you might want to grab a taxi to the Leaning Tower and than back to the Livorno (pretty close to Pisa). Of course you could arrange to rent a car for the day (that will cost you about 100 Euros) and go where you please. The major problem with car rentals is driving around Florence and finding parking (there are some garages).

Hank

Closed Thread