Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2007, 09:58 PM

Hi Everyone,

When you arrive at the port of Naples, how do you get to the hydrofoil for Capri? Do you have to go through the cruise terminal when you get off the ship or do you disembark right onto the dock? Information from anyone who's been there is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-01-2007, 07:11 AM

I think you would be best getting a taxi to it!
We went to naples last year but not to Capri, all I would say is be on your guard. A lot of taxis are waiting at the port, and they are very aggressive with each other for the business. We agreed a price before we got in the taxi to take us to the train station, to go to Pompeii, and he tried to change the price half way through the journey. Keep your valuables close to yo, several people were mugged in Naples, like watches cut off their wrists, and money taken from cash points. I must admit next time I think I would do a orgainsed tour for this port, it is the only place I have ever been to in Italy that scared me. Don't want to put you off, just wanted to give you a word or warning
Best Regards Kerry
Old 05-02-2007, 05:51 PM

The station to purchase tickets to the hydrofoil are directly to the left and in front of the ship when you disembark. I agree to watch your belongings and be alert, but beyond that have a great time. Capri is beautiful and a fun day. Do go to the Perfumaria and sample there wonderful parfumes. We spent way too much money at one stop, but I definately would do it all over again. Also, go to the Augusta Garden and go to the point to see the view. Have fun!

Sheila
Old 05-14-2007, 04:20 AM

Click here for the ferry schedules.
For a map of Naples and the Homepage of the tourist office click here.

The port MOLO BEVERELLO is just on the left side of the Stazione Marittima (cruise terminal). You will walk only some minutes. The port is vis-a-vis the Castel Nuovo (Maschio Augioino). Transportation time is about 75 minutes with the Traghetto and about 40 minutes with Aliscafo (hydrofoil).

Have a good time there
Uwe
Old 05-19-2007, 02:48 PM

its located right net to where the ships dock. you would be walking out of dock area and you will see a blue building and thats where you buy tickets.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:56 PM

NCO4242 is absolutely correct. Find the blue building near the entrance to the bus parking and you can purchase tickets there. The hydrofoil leaves twice an hour and costs 18euros per person. In order to purchase return tickets at the same desk, you must be able to tell them the exact time that you are wanting to return. On a side note, the best pizza that I had the pleasure of tasting in Europe was right across the street from this blue building. Ahhhhhhhh.

Closed Thread

Tags
blue, building, cruise, italy, map, naples, port, safe, terminal, tickets