Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2006, 07:49 AM

We are Canadians who will be sailing on the Celebrity - Century ship, arriving in St. Petersburg on Aug 9 and 10. Since the ship's tours are so expensive, we are looking into either Alla Tours or Denrus Tours. Has anyone had experience with either one - good or bad?
Old 06-30-2006, 11:08 AM

oberland,
Welcome to cruise-chat. I will be on that same Century sailing as well. I used DenRus last year for my visit to St. Petersburg and can highly recommend them - I would not hesitate booking one of their excursions. Their 2 day Value Excursion is one of the best deals.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-30-2006, 03:45 PM

Hi nancy, i'm also booking my cruise on the northern capitals next year aboard century, your review really helped a lot, i just came back from my eastern mediterreanian cruise aboard galaxy, it was awesome, i think i'll be cruising forever, it is so much more convenient than backpacking( and i think i'm too old for that too). Can you tell me how to book the st petersburg tour w/ denrus? Do they have a website? Is it cheaper or more expensive than the shore excursion offered by Celebrity? thanks.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:55 PM

DenRus excursions are much less expensive than those booked through the cruise line and you have the added advantage of enjoying a much smaller group for a more personalized experience. The website is: www.denrus.ru
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-01-2006, 03:47 PM

thanks nancy, i appreciate it.. angel
Old 07-01-2006, 08:44 PM

Thanks Nancy, I booked the DenRus tour today - perhaps we'll see you there. Any suggestions for other Scandinavian ports. We don't want to necessarily book tours everywhere - a little exploring on our own or with a few people from the ship is more our style.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:42 AM

All the other ports are relatively easy to do on your own. I, too, enjoy exploring new ports on my own. My review of the Baltic cruise I took last year on the Century provides details of my independent explorations: http://www.cruisereviews.com/Celebrity/Century64.htm and you might also want to check out our www.europeportreviews.com on our sister site Port Reviews. There you will find many suggestions for things to do in each port.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-06-2007, 10:53 AM

Hi,
In St.Petersburg I would suggest http://www.anastasiaworld.com. We used this company last year and later on recommended it to our friends. All of us are more than satisfied. Everything was just perfect.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:55 AM

Hello Stasy,

What kind of program did you have? What would you really suggest to see? What was the price?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:23 AM

Hi Lewis,
I would be really glad to share our experience with you.
Our Schedule was the following:
First day:
Catherine's palace
Peterhoff
St. Isaac's Cathdral
Saviour
Second day:
Hermitage
Yusupoff's Palace
Peter and Paul Cathedrale

Everywhere we were accomponied with the guide and a minibus.
We were the group of 4. The price per person for 2 days was 235$

Would be glad to answer your questions

Closed Thread

Tags
alla, anastasia, anastasiaworld, anastasiaworldcom, celebrity, companies, cruise, denrus, petersburg, reviews, st, tour, tours, use, wwweuropeportreviewscomstpetersburghtm