Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2006, 06:54 PM

Hello Everyone!
My husband and I will be in Venice in July. Rick Steves' says that in the evening, St. Mark's Square is filled with music and is "Europe's most magnificent dance floor". Do people really dance to these orchestras in the square? We are ballroom dancers, and would LOVE to do a little dancing under the stars in Venice. Any information would be appreciated.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:38 AM

I was in Venice last summer. There were lots of peolple sitting and walking around listening to the music, but I didn't see nayone dancing. If you wanted to no one would stop you they would probably think it was great. Do what you want the music is winderful and being in St. Marks is at night is a special experinece. Just remeber when you sit to listen you will be charged a fee in additon to whatever you buy to eat or drink.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:18 PM

Thanks for the advice! We will probably do a few steps just so we can say we danced in St. Mark's Square (and of course take a picture to prove it)! We understand that the square is flooded 250 days out of the year. How do people get around when it is flooded? Are the restaurants able to be open when the Square is flooded?
Old 01-28-2007, 07:08 AM

Look here for further informatiosn about dancing on S. Marks Square oin Venice Carnival 2007.

Another dancing report is here

Hope you understand a little bit of german language. Then you can read this text about dancing on the Marks Square.

Have some nice days in Venice, my favorite town.
Regards
Uwe
Old 01-28-2007, 10:30 AM

Thanks Uwe! We checked out the report and the photos. Looks great and can't wait!

Closed Thread

Tags
ballroom, cruise, dance, dancing, long, mark, marks, playlist, port, princess, ship, songs, square, st, venice