Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2007, 12:24 PM

We will be traveling to Cadiz spain in April and was wondering if we should take the train vs the tour bus to Seville. How costly is this and do we save time.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:01 PM

I believe the train fare would be approximately 20 Euros per person round trip. The problem is that the train will take you about 2 hours each way (it varies depending on the train) plus the waiting time at each end of the journey. By car or bus the trip should take about 90 minutes each way (less if I was driving ). We have also enjoyed simply driving ourselves through Spain using rental cars (once spent a full month driving in Southern Spain) and loved the convenience of having a car. Seville is a wonderful city and should be a great port day.

Hank
Old 04-12-2007, 04:57 PM

Do you have to drive on the wrong side of the road in Spain? Are you talking about taking a local bus or the bus trip offered by the Cruise Line.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:09 PM

If you do you might get a ticket! The answer depends on if you like traffic or not. If not, the train is great.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:13 PM

If you are from Australia or the UK they do drive on the correct side. However, if you are from almost anywhere else in the world where they have real sense than yes, they drive on the Right in Spain and everywhere else in Western Europe (not counting the UK and Ireland). As to buses, I was referring to the cruise line tour bus. Local buses would be dependent on how many stops. I am still a big fan of rental cars although I understand many are uncomfortable driving in foreign countries. The reason we like a car is our ability to stop at small villages, take interesting routes when it looks like fun, and we do not have to waste time waiting at various stations for buses or trains. The down side is that I cannot drink the wonderful Spanish wine when driving.

Hank
Old 04-13-2007, 07:50 AM

Hank, I know, its hard to put stem-ware in a a cup holder. Maybe have someone else drive.

Closed Thread

Tags
bus, cadiz, cruise, driving, port, rail, reviews, seville, spain, time, tour, tours, train, transportation, vans