Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 05:10 AM

Thanks with the information from here I managed to get the trains sorted out. No can anyone help me with travel from Cannes Port to Monaco and return. Bus or train if anyone knows please reply thanks have a good day Davina
Old 11-07-2009, 09:09 PM

Happy to oblige. Cannes is a tender port so keep in mind it can take a while to get ashore and you need to be back to the tender pier at least 30 min before your ship departure. You will want to take the train to Monte Carlo(MC) since its much faster than the bus. The train takes about 1:20 (give or take a few minutes). Your tender in Cannes will drop you at a pier that is in the Old port area (this is in town) from where it is about a 25 min walk to the train station. Taxis can be hard to find to do that short haul (about 1 mile) but an alternative is to grab a local bus. Personally, we love the walk since it takes you through some of the best part of Cannes. Once at the train station simply buy a ticket to MC and grab the next train (usually about one every 30 - 45 min. The information desk in the train station does have English speaking personel and you will find many folks in this part of France speak English. Once in MC you can either walk from the train station or use local buses to get around town. Keep in mind that MC is a hilly town so if you plan on going to the Palace (on a high hill) many prefer to take a bus or taxi up and perhaps walk down. Its helpful to have decent street maps of both Cannes and MC which you can find in many tour books or also download from the internet.

Hank
Old 11-08-2009, 02:26 AM

Oh thank you Hank, I see from the comments here you are the expert!!! On my last visit to the UK in September I damaged my ankle and now I am having problems with it, I had an xray last Friday and will find out tomorrow if its fractured Yikes, we leave for the cruise on Sunday! Oh well if the news is bad I will just sit on board and enjoy the scenery from the ship. Thankyou once again Davina
Old 11-08-2009, 08:47 AM

Davina, Keep the faith. These days we even see folks walking with fractures (my wife did it with a minor fracture) so perhaps all is not so bad. The newer walking casts are quite amazing and we see more and more travelers with these contraptions and its interesting to watch them try to get through metal detectors!

Hank

Closed Thread

Tags
cannes, carlo, cruise, distance, information, monaco, monte, port, review, tender, terminal, train, trains, travel, walk