Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 01:21 AM

Hi
I will be travelling with my parents on Voyager of the Seas on Sept 27th, 2008(ex Barcelona). It looks like we would be well advised to use a company like RomeinLimo to organise our trip from Civitavecchia to Rome. Is there anybody travelling on this cruise who would be interested in sharing a car/van for the day trip? We are 3 - so looking for 3-5 people to share.
- Mercedes A/C Sedan up to 3 people:
Euro: 450 "All inclusive"
- Mercedes A/C Minivan up to 6 people:
Euro: 500 "All inclusive"
- Mercedes A/C Minibus up to 8 people:
Euro: 600 "All inclusive"

See www.romeinlimo.com for info:

All the best
Fiona
Old 08-22-2008, 12:31 PM

Fiona,
We are on the same cruise ship but leaving earlier in September from Barcelona. Suggestion for you. Don't take a car. Take the train. The train station is about 3 blocks from the port. If you don't want to walk then take a taxi just make sure you take a "real" taxi. They are well marked. Go the train station and purchase a ticket to the ROMA TERMINI. Traffic to Rome from the port is most times bumper to bumper. The car sounds easy but, the train gets you right to the termini and you can walk to most of the tourist destinations and take a "real" taxi to the Vatican City.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:32 AM

Fiona,
Do not even think about driving in Rome. My husband and I have done it. Driving in Rome is terrible, especially with a van. And parking is a nightmare. My husband and I have done it and survived because he is used to driving in cities where no one pays attention to the lanes. Whoever arrives first, is the driver to proceed. On our cruise in September, we are taking the train. It is the way to do it and if you purchase a roundtrip train ticket, buy one that includes your metro ticket for the day. That way your transportation from/to the ship and within the city all day is included.

Closed Thread