Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2007, 04:42 PM

We will be in Nice and would like to go to Grasse to visit the Fraggonard perfume factory but also want to visit Cannes and Monaco that day. Is it possible? We are going it alone, not doing the cruise excursion.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:42 PM

We will be in Nice and would like to go to Grasse to visit the Fraggonard perfume factory but also want to visit Cannes and Monaco that day. Is it possible? We are going it alone, not doing the cruise excursion.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:04 PM

Is it possible? Sure. The best way would be if you had a rental car which gave you the ultimate flexibility and avoided lots of lost time waiting for trains. Hiring a car/driver is another good option although that can get pretty expensive in France. If you want to do it all on trains you will need to do your homework on the train schedules (SNCF.com) and try to work-out your timing to coincide with the train schedules. Another option if you drive to Grasse is to also make a stop at one of my favorite places in the South of France..... St Paul de Vence.

Hank
Old 12-27-2007, 01:10 PM

Grasse is a very nice place to visit especially the fragonard factory. try to get a car to reach Grasse, Cannes and monaco in a day. train or bus is not advisable since you loose a lot of time. i done them all but at my own pace since i was there a long time and dedicated a day for each.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, grasse, nice