Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2006, 09:47 PM

Ok, my husband wants to know if we purchase the round trip train ticket from Livorno to Florence, on the return trip can we stop in Pisa and get back on the train using the same ticket to return to Livorno, or do we have to purchase a separate ticket?
Old 10-22-2006, 02:30 PM

Hi
I just came back from the Celebrity cruise and we just bought a round trip from Livorno to Florence. The train has stops to Pisa Centrale on the way to Florence.
To get to Pisa though, it is a good hike over to see th leaning tower. We hoped on a train that took us to the San Rossore station and got off at that exit and from that stop it was only a 5 minute walk to the leaning tower. If you didn't want to risk the trains though, I believe you can try and get a taxi to take you to the Leaning tower from the Pisa Centrale station.

Jenny
Old 10-22-2006, 05:46 PM

Hi
I just came back from Celebrity's Millenium cruise. We bought a round trip ticket to Florence as the train has a stop at Pisa Centrale along the way to Florence.

When heading to the Leaning Tower of Pisa, we actually got on another train going north that stopped at Pisa San Rossaore... which was only a 5 minute walk to the tower. If you get off at Pisa Centrale, it is quite a hefty walk to the leaning tower and will have to negotiate a taxi to take you to the towers. We found taking the train extremelly easy and cheap to see everything in Florence and Pisa!

Jenny
Old 10-24-2006, 06:31 AM

I would suggest stopping in Pisa on your return from Florence and negotiating for a taxi to take you to the Leaning Tower and then back to the port and your ship. This is the most efficient way to do it, as making your way back to the Pisa station and then negotiating for a taxi in Livorno to take you to the ship will add a good amount fo time to your adventure and Pisa is quite close to Livorno.

Just a thought.

Tom
Old 10-24-2006, 06:31 PM

Tom,
What would be a good rate for a taxi to the tower and then on into Livorno?

Sheila
Old 11-11-2006, 06:18 AM

good question!! we are going on he millenium in tw oweeks and are wondering the same. what would a fair price be from Pisa back to the ship by cab?? (I think that was what you were suggesting)
Old 11-11-2006, 08:13 AM

You will be better off taking the train back to Livorno. We asked a cab driver and was told it would be 45 Euros. The train was about 5 Euros back and only took 15 minutes. Just remember that you will be loosing light about 4:30 (great picts of the tower with the sun setting on it). Once back in Livorno, if your ship doesn't have a shuttle (check it will either be free or much cheaper) you can catch a cab, but they charge around 15 Euro to take you to the port. We were lucky and had a family of 5 share a cab with us, so we only paid 5 Euro. Don't forget to take your umbrella, as it might be raining. Have a great time. Are you doing the train in any other ports? We did the train in every port except Marseille, because we had a shore excursion there. If you have any questions, feel free to email me. I can't believe that we have already been back a week. I want to go back!!

Sheila

Closed Thread

Tags
cab, costs, cruise, fare, firenze, florence, florencepisa, livorno, pisa, port, ship, taking, taxi, tickets, tour, train