Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2003, 06:12 AM

Normandy and Paris both being three hours drive from the port have me looking for a closer alternative. Any suggestions? I'm not opposed to renting a car or hiring a driver. I just don't want to spend 6 hours on a round trip.
Old 08-15-2003, 06:12 AM

Normandy and Paris both being three hours drive from the port have me looking for a closer alternative. Any suggestions? I'm not opposed to renting a car or hiring a driver. I just don't want to spend 6 hours on a round trip.
Old 08-21-2003, 02:05 PM

My wife and I were on Crystal Symphony this past June and our favorite stop (or at least in the top three) was Honfleur. Its a small fishing port with Cobblestone streets lining the marina. It even has an old lighthouse. Art galleries featuring local and Parisean artists were everywhere. It was just a very charming little city. Here's a link from celebrity describing the city: http://www.crystalcruises.com/portin...ID=4221&PID=79

I hope you have a good time.

-Neil (Born & Raised in Winter Park!)
Old 08-24-2003, 09:42 PM

LIving by Crystal River. Just went on the Constellation and did the Beaches of Normandy. We're in the 60+ range, but had a lot of younger people including a 12 year old boy on our bus. Numerous buses went there, and the ride was more like 2-1/2 hours 1 way, and a little over 2 the other. The countryside is just beautiful, and the Cemetary at Normandy is really something to see. Some of "Saving Private Ryan" was filmed there. Some friends did Paris and enjoyed the one that takes you on the Seine for lunch. Others said they were still treated badly in Paris, and they did Paris on their own. Rental cars are not an option. If you want a car, it's a private excursion and must be booked before you leave. My husband doesn't particularly like buses, so he slept a little until I woke him up to see something.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:01 PM

I ABSOLUTELY agree with my co cruise addict. Honfluer is a superb alternative to going to Paris once arriving in LeHavre. BTW, hope you get better weather than we did. Cold and rainy in mid July.

Closed Thread

Tags
france, havre, la, le, lehave, lehavre, port, private, reviews, ryan, saving, stop