Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2006, 02:44 PM

I am booked on the HAL Amsterdam for a Baltic cruise in June. With a couple of exceptions, it seems as if we can do the ports on our own. It's hard to get info from the TA or HAL, so I'm asking you folks to advise me as to whether there is a shuttle bus into the town (for example, Tallinn). If so, is there a cost? How much? Thanks much! ML
Old 03-18-2006, 10:08 AM

When I was on the Century last June there was complimentary shuttle service in Tallinn from the port to the center of town. I would assume that HAL would have the same service.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-18-2006, 03:00 PM

Thanks, Nancy. I do hope you're correct! I plan to nag the TA unmercifully, if I can ever get in touch with her!
Old 03-18-2006, 05:09 PM

Marialiva,
Unfortunately, your TA will probably not be able to provide the information you are looking for. That is one of those facts that can only be gleaned by being there and doing it yourself. However, HAL is usually quite good about providing such services to their passengers - so I wouldn't worry too much. Tallinn is very easy to do on your own, so if worse comes to worse, you could always take a taxi into the center of town, IF a shuttle is not provided.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-18-2006, 06:32 PM

I was on Ren in Tallinn a couple of years ago and the port only provided a shuttle to the entrance of the port. We walked from the port's main gate to the first entrance into the Old Section and it only took about 15 minutes. It was very safe and also easy to do without getting lost.

You will love Tallinn!

Have a great cruise.

Tom
Old 05-16-2006, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marialivia:
I am booked on the HAL Amsterdam for a Baltic cruise in June. With a couple of exceptions, it seems as if we can do the ports on our own. It's hard to get info from the TA or HAL, so I'm asking you folks to advise me as to whether there is a shuttle bus into the town (for example, Tallinn). If so, is there a cost? How much? Thanks much! ML
Old 05-16-2006, 07:19 AM

I am book on the same cruise if it is leaving June 21. Have you found out any other interesting tips for the different ports. Are you looking to form a private group to tour St Petersburg?
Old 05-19-2006, 02:43 PM

treebor007: My cruise leaves from Copenhagen on June 12. I have gotten fabulous info from this website and have printed out the articles on all of the cities we'll be visiting. After much discussion and research, we decided to go ahead and book our St. Petersburg excursions through the ship -- less confusion and less hassle. We felt the prices were quite reasonable. We opted for the Hermitage (of course!) tour, Peterhof, and the Folkloric Spectacular (my travel buddy's choice). We decided we can manage the other cities by ourselves, using the hop-on-hop-off busses, etc. I've read so much about these ports, I feel as if I've been there already! Happy cruising/traveling! ML

Closed Thread

Tags
baltic, bus, copenhagen, critic, cruise, free, hal, port, ports, price, review, shuttle, tallin, tips, trip