Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 02:26 PM

Hello,

I am a student taking my first cruise this summer and very excited! We are doing a 7night classic cruise leaving from barcelona on May 31 with Royal Caribbean. Being a student, I am obviously on a budget so any advice would be appreciated greatly. Ok here are my questions:

1. I read the description for traveling by train from the airport in Rome to Civatecchia. Is there a description anywhere on this site to do the opposite since we will be docked in the port and need to travel to rome? The cruise is offering $85 transportation in case anyone wants to weigh in on the benefits of using that since I have never been to Europe and do not know Italian.

2. Our last stop is in Palermo/Sicily. We read about this great vineyard in the new york times called contea di sclafani. Unfortunately the website says it only takes groups of 8 people (we will only have two). Assuming they do not make an exception for us, does anyone else have any suggestions of a vineyard/estate we could visit to get an authentic meal and taste some wine? Also help with transportation would be great.

3. The ship offers seeing nice and monaco on our own using their transportation for $69. Is this worthwhile? Will we be ok in these cities on our own and knowing no French?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions!
Old 04-10-2008, 07:22 PM

If the description on train travel is the one at the top of Europe Port Chat, I know it well. I wrote it. Read it again then just follow the instructions backwards. You want to go to Roma Termini. If you want to go to FCO International, take the Leonardo Express from Termini. All in all, you will save enough compared to the ships transportation to have a very nice meal or two.

Italian is not required to make the trip. The people that work in the station know enough English to be able to help you out.

Enjoy your cruise.
Legend of the Seas - Oct 2008

Celebrity Constellation - July 2009
MSC Orchestra - Jan 2009
Navigator of the Seas - March 2009
MSC Poesia - November 2009
Jewel of the Seas - June 2010

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, civatecchia, estates, forum, nice, palermo, rome, royal, sicily, train, vineyard