Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Europe Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2007, 03:16 AM

To make long stories short:

Just take the FREE SHUTTLE BUS from your ship to the Port Entrance Area

When you arrive make a turn to the right to exit the port area. Follow the street

and following sign:

When you see on the left side the HOTEL DE VILLE change the walkside from the promenade

There you will find on the left side the railways terminal building:

When a ship is arrived (like with us more than one) there are long queues:

But we booked in advance via Internet http://www.trenitalia.com and so we can just collect our tickets at this machine:

But do not forget to validate your tickets by pushing them in this cancellation machine:

If you want to go to Roma Termini you may use any train (incl. IC trains).

If you want to go to Roma S. Pietro (Vatican) you can only use Regional Trains. Some of them starts from outside platforms of 1, i. e. turn right and walk to the end of the hall on the right side.

Trains to S. Pietro need approx. 45 minutes.
Trains to Termini need approx. 50 minutes (IC) to a little bit more than 1 hour (Regional Train).

Regards
HeinBloed
Old 01-30-2007, 04:54 PM

I have a quick question for everyone. We are traveling to Rome before our Cruise on Emerald Princess form Rome to Venice. We have never been to Europe before and are really looking forward to the trip. Our cruise starts on April 11th but we are spending 4 nights in Rome pre cruise. We actually need to catch the train from Rome to Civitavecchia to catch up to the ship on the 11th. We are thinking about staying at a the Hotel Spring House near the Vatican as recommended in Rick Steve's book. Any recommondations on how to get to the port by train, to the ship, with luggage in tow, without mortgaging the house

Thanks for the help in advance everyone. I am glad I found this posting board.

Aloha

Eddie
Old 02-05-2007, 12:05 AM

Hello,

if you are staying near Vatican the next train station will be Rome St. Peter (Roma St. Pietro).

If you have a lot of baggage I would go by a cab to the train station and then from Civitavechhia train station to the ship.

With baggage it should not be very convenient to go 1/4 miles from Civitavecchia to the port entrance to get on the free shuttle bus.

If you need a transfer or a personal guide in Rome contact Massimo at cast@uni.net.

I would combine a short sightseeing to places you cannot walk to and a automatic transfer to Civitavecchia.

Regards,
HeinBloed
Old 02-05-2007, 11:08 AM

Thank you for the help Heinbloed,

Is Massimo a friend or somene you have used before?

Aloha for now and thanks for the help,

Eddie

Closed Thread

Tags
cevitavecchia, civitavecchia, civitaveccia, express, httpcruisechatcomeveforumsatpcf1261017441m64610799 72, pietro, roma, rome, san, stops, termini, train, trains, transfers, tuscolana